Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

reconmkd

Who's declaring/transferring around NCAA 2017?

I am curious about McRoberts as well. He may not have the most talent of any guy on the team, but he worked his butt off when he got a chance. I really like that sort of player.

He's not going to win any shooting contests nor will he out athlete anyone but he knows basketball. He communicates, knows angles, knows help side defense, knows to find the open man. I wouldn't be shocked if he gets 5-10 minutes per game in meaningful games.

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

He's not going to win any shooting contests nor will he out athlete anyone but he knows basketball. He communicates, knows angles, knows help side defense, knows to find the open man. I wouldn't be shocked if he gets 5-10 minutes per game in meaningful games.

I like Mcroberts, but he shouldn't ever get in the game unless we're in foul trouble. He was a deer in the headlights on offense and a non factor. Sure he hustles on D and dives on the floor. But how many guys just sagged off of him to help on our more effective offensive players? 

If McRoberts is getting legitimate minutes next year then we're in trouble, imo. He's a liability on offense and we won't have as much offense firepower as we did last year. We're going to need all five guys on the court to be able to score and I just don't see that from him. He gives great effort, but ideally we'll get all the guys on the team to buy in and give his level of effort. Last year that didn't happen and that was how he was able to get minutes. 

23 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Just throwing this out there but another board is saying Gelon is gone and it should be announced this week. 

If you look at his insta he changed his profile pic away from IU back to his HS pic. Would make sense as I don't ever see him being a contributor here.

If so are there any quality Bigs we can make a run at. 

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

FWIW...Other board is saying that Gelon is gone as of this afternoon. This board first broke that as a distinct possibility through a respected poster...

Last week.

Yeah sorry not trying to direct traffic away from here or anything. This is the best board by far :)

Just wanted to add another source to all that's been said!

6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

If so are there any quality Bigs we can make a run at. 

Kameron Rooks is a grad transfer out of Cal. 7 feet tall center who still hasn't committed anywhere as far as I know. 5 ppg, 4.5 rpg, .9 bpg last year. Has had injury problems in the past but probably worth a flier to help backup Deron for a year. 

2 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Yeah sorry not trying to direct traffic away from here or anything. This is the best board by far :)

Just wanted to add another source to all that's been said!

No need to be sorry: the "99% prediction" from a new source is noteworthy; just wanted to highlight that BTB has someone who is careful, accurate, and most importantly...potentially right on point.

1 hour ago, goonaha said:

Kameron Rooks is a grad transfer out of Cal. 7 feet tall center who still hasn't committed anywhere as far as I know. 5 ppg, 4.5 rpg, .9 bpg last year. Has had injury problems in the past but probably worth a flier to help backup Deron for a year. 

Seems like a good option, and I think we need to get an additional big, given the rumors about De'Ron's eligibility this coming season.  

I like Mcroberts, but he shouldn't ever get in the game unless we're in foul trouble. He was a deer in the headlights on offense and a non factor. Sure he hustles on D and dives on the floor. But how many guys just sagged off of him to help on our more effective offensive players? 

We have 3 proven front court players in Davis, Morgan, and Hartman. Unless McSwain takes a huge leap forward to be able to play the wing he's nothing more than an athletic McRoberts minus the high bball IQ. (Meaning he's not an offensive threat that really needs to be guarded)

We really need a grad transfer that can contribute in the front court. That would push McSwain and McRoberts down to 5 and 6 instead of 4 and 5.

We have 3 proven front court players in Davis, Morgan, and Hartman. Unless McSwain takes a huge leap forward to be able to play the wing he's nothing more than an athletic McRoberts minus the high bball IQ. (Meaning he's not an offensive threat that really needs to be guarded)

We really need a grad transfer that can contribute in the front court. That would push McSwain and McRoberts down to 5 and 6 instead of 4 and 5.

Are we really going to need more than 3 major contributors in a 3 guard offense? That's 80 minutes divided by 3. Archie has never been one to go 10 deep. We might get a McSwain or McRoberts to get a couple of minutes here and there at the 4. I am not sure we have a need there this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Are we really going to need more than 3 major contributors in a 3 guard offense? That's 80 minutes divided by 3. Archie has never been one to go 10 deep. We might get a McSwain or McRoberts to get a couple of minutes here and there at the 4. I am not sure we have a need there this year.

We have no backup for Davis though. We're really thin at the 5. I mean, if Davis were to roll and ankle or something and miss a week or so who plays the 5? Certainly not anyone that's actually a 5. 

We have no backup for Davis though. We're really thin at the 5. I mean, if Davis were to roll and ankle or something and miss a week or so who plays the 5? Certainly not anyone that's actually a 5. 

But Archie really hasn't played with a traditional 5. He usually runs with 3 guards two forwards. I would definitely feel better with a traditional 5 in this league. I am just not sure how much another traditional 5 plays. Not many grad transfers come into that situation.

9 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

But Archie really hasn't played with a traditional 5. He usually runs with 3 guards two forwards. I would definitely feel better with a traditional 5 in this league. I am just not sure how much another traditional 5 plays. Not many grad transfers come into that situation.

That was Archie in the A-10, entire different ball game than the Big 10. Plus, while Davis had some nice flashes as a freshmen, he's not exactly proven in big minutes and is a guy who conditioning has been a problem for. I think a real backup 5 would get plenty of minutes and be a pretty big need. Whether there's one available or not, I don't know.