Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

2 minutes ago, dcoble9 said:

I don't understand the long contracts did he not learn a thing give him three year deal he if gets it done extension if not bye bye

PULL THE TRIGGER!!!!

No basketball coach in their right mind would accept a three-year deal and no AD in their right mind would offer one. A new coach needs at least a five- or six-year deal. For recruiting purposes, you need to be able to tell kids you'll be here four years from now. 

Now let's see where all the 247 guys are now with that bad info.....I'd love to see the excuses.

Anyhow I love this hire a lot, he has a lot of potential. I can see him being here a long time

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

You have to deal in reality in these situations. You can't hire somebody who doesn't want to be hired. Stevens and Billy don't want to coach at IU right now, it seems. Period. Next man up. Once the fantasy hires have died, the program has to move on.

Great post.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk