Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

Billy Donovan is making $6M in OKC and can make $6M in Bloomington. There's other numbers though. Endorsement numbers. Anybody know if he has good endorsement dollars in OKC?

Also, I've not been to Bloomington in a decade, was Crean pulling in good endorsement money?

Hire Billy! That would be outstanding

11 minutes ago, recker222000 said:

A pretty legit poster on another site said an announcement is coming today. Would not say who it was.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Please just say it was not one of the "gurus" from 247.

7 minutes ago, IUHAHN82 said:

It really is a shame that Brad is so happy in Boston.  This in any other situation would be so perfect for him to take over.  Big pay raise.  The opportunity to coach a dream job for him and be the one to truly bring IU back.  Us fans would have an elite coach from Indiana.  Just such a perfect scenario.   Just wish it could all fall into place.  What a bummer. 

Yea, I think it is rather tragic (in context). 

I'm a tad old school.  While I don't think it is absolutely necessary for our next coach to be an "Indiana" guy there r big advantages.  I mean look at how the outsiders look at Indiana fans.  They think we r ridiculous.   U hafta understand how important bball is in Indiana to fully grasp this position.   There is where the "double check +" comes into play from fred.  We r a different breed in Indiana when it comes to bball.  Understanding that is a factor.  And no I don't want Alford.  I'm just speaking in general terms.

7 minutes ago, IUHAHN82 said:

I'm a tad old school.  While I don't think it is absolutely necessary for our next coach to be an "Indiana" guy there r big advantages.  I mean look at how the outsiders look at Indiana fans.  They think we r ridiculous.   U hafta understand how important bball is in Indiana to fully grasp this position.   There is where the "double check +" comes into play from fred.  We r a different breed in Indiana when it comes to bball.  Understanding that is a factor.  And no I don't want Alford.  I'm just speaking in general terms.

I'm not going to discredit your argument, but UK fans are probably even more rabid and the media sucks up to them (despite the fact they've shown themselves to be OK with cheating).  Much of the criticism I've read about our expectations has been from rival fans whose teams haven't done squat, historically.

I'm still in the camp of why would BD be in Bloomington (entertain the thought please) just to turn down the gig? That makes no sense and there's smoke everywhere regarding BD. Nothing for any other candidate. I'll be thoroughly confused if anyone but Donovan is the next coach. That, or maybe I need a hobby instead of reading internet rumors all day. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

10 minutes ago, theriverpilot said:

I'm still in the camp of why would BD be in Bloomington (entertain the thought please) just to turn down the gig? That makes no sense and there's smoke everywhere regarding BD. Nothing for any other candidate. I'll be thoroughly confused if anyone but Donovan is the next coach. That, or maybe I need a hobby instead of reading internet rumors all day. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Have you given any thought to the idea that he was NOT in Bloomington?

3 minutes ago, Tom White said:

Have you given any thought to the idea that he was NOT in Bloomington?

To be fair, he did use a disclaimer "entertain the thought please".

All we have is rumors and speculation.  Hopefully, no one is taking any of it with 100% confidence.  It's like playing cards waiting for a baby to be born - something to keep you occupied.