Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

Just now, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Has a lot of followers so I went with it. Figured he may have been trolling.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I followed him a couple years ago, but don't use twitter much so never deleted him but he is a fool for the most part.

17 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Shimbo is a troll. Don't believe a single thing he says. Went through that charade a few years ago.

Yeah, I got that vibe as soon as I saw some of his tweets...

All the debate about which coaches are the best has lead me to ponder what a good rating system might look like.  In my business I do a lot of work with numbers in order to compare sets of data.  I thought I would give creating a metric for evaluating coaches a go.  Without getting too detailed, here is what I came up with.  The scale is from 0-100. I factored in win %, SOS, and point differential, and weighted them 45%, 45%, 10%.  Knowing how important the tourney is to many people, I created a bonus scoring system (No Tourney=-2, upsets -1, SW16 +.5, Elite 8 +1, FF +2.5, Title +5) and I weighted the tourney accomplishments to be worth 200% of the regular season.  If you want more detail about the process, let me know.  I included many coaches who have been part of the conversation.  Let me know if you want me to include others.  I tested it out with several coaches and individual seasons.  I knew I was onto something when the 1976 IU season came back at 100.28. 

*I decided that an upset is when you are defeated by a seed that is at least 3 spots below you.

I also used the last 7 years of their college coaching.

coach comparison.png