Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

Because there's a difference between putting yourself in a bad situation and having to handle a bad situation someone else put you in? You can try (unsuccessfully I think) to argue that Miller bears some culpability for something that could but isn't guaranteed to happen (this is so silly). But there is a difference between continually constructing your roster in such a way and having to make the best of someone else's roster construction philosophy. Your view is really simplistic and lacks nuance and understanding, either willfully or ignorantly.

Thanks, I think yours does too. Miller didn't let two recruits out of the scholarships that they wanted out of, putting himself in the oversign position.

Thanks, I think yours does too. Miller didn't let two recruits out of the scholarships that they wanted out of, putting himself in the oversign position.

I'm starting to think its willful because that's at best incredibly misleading. They would have been released if they desired it after meeting with CAM. At least state true things. You don't have to make things up lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about we wait until we see what happens before making assumptions. These things always work themselves out and it doesn't appear that Arch is pushing anyone out the door.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Archie doesn't know what JBJ and TB are going to do. If he didn't try to get all 3 recruits to stay he could've been in a position where he loses OG, James and Tom, and then loses the 3 recruits too. He would be filling the rest of the roster out with table scraps. Sure, he put himself in the oversign position, but he was doing the best he could in a bad situation. It's nothing like what Crean did. 

My only disagreement is he may well know what JB and TB are going to do. Or have a VERY educated guess.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

14 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

My only disagreement is he may well know what JB and TB are going to do. Or have a VERY educated guess.

Yeah that's true, I imagine he has a pretty good read on the situation. His actions make it seem like he's expecting us to lose both. I'm guessing in a few weeks they'll keep their names in the draft and our roster problems will be solved. 

LOL Yea I knew what he meant... just couldn't resist giving him a little ribbing... (Just messing with you Recker no ill will :92:)
I actually assumed he meant nobody would give it up and play as a Walk-On or just walk away from the game now that they have a degree.

Yep I just don't see it though. I think it's beyond rare somebody gives up a grant to walk on.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, IUsafety said:

Not sure what to make of this, but I saw this on a social media site. Anybody else seeing this anywhere.

Hearing that Thomas Bryant is signing with an agent in LA this weekend.

No idea but I can't see him leaving campus during Little 5 weekend, especially if he's leaving college. 

I'm guessing CAM will wait and see what is decided upon by JBJ, TB, and ROJO. If they decide to return then CAM will have a sit down with the 2 guys he feels will be the most likely to see little playing time and he will pull their scholarship. If we want to be a contender things like this happen from time to time. Just ask K at Duke. Also I'm sure CAM has been using these workouts to evaluate who will play and who will not. Just my 2 cents.

9 hours ago, Josh said:

That's fine, and the same way Crean ran things. I don't understand how Crean got crucified for it but Miller gets praised for it

Really, you don't? Crean did it every year (except for the year he should have called a press conference announcing a second rebuild). From what I've heard and read, Miller wanted to do as much as he could for continuity. Obviously, he knew about the oversign situation, and I still think he knows things we don't. What I'm saying is this is his first month on the job. Before we make sweeping comparisons of him and Crean, let's give him a season or two.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

No idea but I can't see him leaving campus during Little 5 weekend, especially if he's leaving college. 

Exactly. Not a single player is thinking about the NBA during little 5.

Hell, little 5 is doing us a favor is trying to get them back. Maybe we need to hire pitino's girls to convince the boys to stay with little 5 being right now ?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

8 hours ago, IUsafety said:

Not sure what to make of this, but I saw this on a social media site. Anybody else seeing this anywhere.

Hearing that Thomas Bryant is signing with an agent in LA this weekend.

Do you care to name the "social media site" and the author?

Do you care to name the "social media site" and the author?

Not what I would call a credible source on Facebook. Just a huge IU fan like us that follows them very closely. He acted like it was a done deal and thanked the big guy for his time here. I was just wondering if anybody else was seeing this anywhere because I am not seeing it anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, IUsafety said:

Not what I would call a credible source on Facebook. Just a huge IU fan like us that follows them very closely. He acted like it was a done deal and thanked the big guy for his time here. I was just wondering if anybody else was seeing this anywhere because I am not seeing it anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I did a quick search on facebook, twitter, and google and haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

I did a quick search on facebook, twitter, and google and haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

If he was wouldnt the agent come to meet him instead of having him come to LA , if im going to be paying the dude hes going to working on my terms

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using BtownBanners mobile app