Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

This is where I'm at.

Terrible place to be.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Same here.Seems unlikely but the waiting messes with my mind.While it makes no sense to keep him,or for Crean to want to stay for that matter I just keep bracing for bad news.

19 minutes ago, theriverpilot said:

Agree. There have been several articles by the media about Crean moving on. You'd think Glass would say "Crean is our guy" and squash everything instead of letting things build if there wasn't some truth to it all

While what you say would make sense, we have to remember that Glass took his sweet ol time to give Crean a vote of confidence 2 years ago. In fact, wasn't it numerous days AFTER we didn't get an invite to the NIT?

While what you say would make sense, we have to remember that Glass took his sweet ol time to give Crean a vote of confidence 2 years ago. In fact, wasn't it numerous days AFTER we didn't get an invite to the NIT?

It was around March 5th.

I think you're right, but just seems like there are so many more reports this time around. Maybe it's my "confirmation bias" that was pointed out a few days ago with most of us on here

2 hours ago, Redandyz said:

Man, I appreciate the rundown.  How close to have a shot at Izzo, I'd never heard that.   I would wonder if Bennett turned us down in 2008 would he have interest in 2017.  He has an established team and is building something solid there.  Same with S. Miller, if we offered him per the previous responder. It will be interesting to see how this plays out with the current admin and the behind the scenes shenanigans.

I think Bennett would love to get away from murderers row I mean tobacco road. Everyone thinks Whisky but Indiana would welcome him like not many others could.

1 minute ago, RickyIU said:

I don't think that was the vote of confidence article I remember. There was another one later on when Glass said IU isn't okay with NITs.

This one was 3 weeks after the one already linked. He spells out his expectations.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2015/03/27/glass-supports-crean-still-expects-iu-hoops/70561080/

Glass said the terms of Crean's contract buyout -- likely paid over multiple years and not as a lump sum -- would not be an impediment to any decision. The Hoosiers could buy out the deal for $12 million until July 1 and then $7.5 million after. It would drop to $4 million in July 2016 and then down to $1 million for 2017-20.

12 mil buyout. Fred sure paid him like Tommy Naismith without the results.

23 minutes ago, Woodson1980 said:

Same here.Seems unlikely but the waiting messes with my mind.While it makes no sense to keep him,or for Crean to want to stay for that matter I just keep bracing for bad news.

I like your thinking-----we have 2 ways to win here-----1) Glass/IU makes the change or 2) Crean/his family decide to leave. Either way we end up with a new Coach! Crean has shown the inability to get us all the way back so #1 should occur---but I could see the Crean family being tired of the constant pressure in the IU bubble and going to a less stressful environment as long as the $$ is close. So---show them the money Mizzou!