Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Well with Fred giving a huge extension to Wilson for an okay season, I can only imagine Crean will get an extension for an okay season we will have.

I want to see what he can do when we actually play hard teams in our conference. It's been a cakewalk so far

Completely different situations

Well with Fred giving a huge extension to Wilson for an okay season, I can only imagine Crean will get an extension for an okay season we will have.

I want to see what he can do when we actually play hard teams in our conference. It's been a cakewalk so far

Wilson is the best IU can wish for. The standard for football and basketball are totally different.

That was the other thing I brought up. People were saying as bad as starting 2-7 and I made the comment of 7-0 and 12-6. I had responses as the one above. Then I said if we started good we would then be hearing about our schedule. Now at this point every team outside of Rutgers has lost to teams they should have beat. It's the B1G season and we have done what we should. I was just saying we shouldn't underestimate this team. Let it play out. I think we are a top 3 team in this league which we should be. If not Crean should be gone.

I might be in the minority, but honestly I don't care if he wins the B1G I think he should be fired. He has proved what he is and that is very inconsistent, and unable to make lasting change. On the bright side though we have not had anymore problems with the law since the beginning of the year.

If we win the conference there is no chance he will be fired. 0.

Football is a completely different situation.

If we win the conference there is no chance he will be fired. 0.

I know this just saying that it still will not make me support him. He is long past that point for me to do a reversal. As much as I want him gone I have said that he will keep doing just enough not to get fired. If he wins the B1G this year he will be safe next year also no matter what he does. 

I have been pleasantly surprised in our defense as of late. What changes outside of JBJ going down? Are we still switching defenses within a possession or did that go away? What's so different?

Honestly I think effort. Early in year it was terrible. I think that is the most noticeable difference.

TB's continued development (especially in addressing high ball screens) and replacing JBjr's minutes largely with more minutes for OG and Juwan, has accounted for almost the entirety of the defensive improvement.

This team always "tried hard". Now, instead on JBjr guarding SFs, we have 6'8", long-armed, defensive minded players guarding them.

The coaching staff's philosophy hasn't really changed, but the personnel in the defensive rotations has...dramatically.

TB's improvement has been extremely good, but I wish we wouldn't work him to death.  He's playing an awfully lot of minutes banging around with more experienced and physically stronger players and the freshman wall is looming.  At least we have Max to provide some relief in the middle.  JM and OG haven't been worked to death with game minutes thus far in the season so maybe they'll withstand "the wall" a little better.

TB's improvement has been extremely good, but I wish we wouldn't work him to death. He's playing an awfully lot of minutes banging around with more experienced and physically stronger players and the freshman wall is looming. At least we have Max to provide some relief in the middle. JM and OG haven't been worked to death with game minutes thus far in the season so maybe they'll withstand "the wall" a little better.

A little of the "chicken little" pessimism.

I agree that TB needs some relief in the games. If you watch him, he is consistently battling underneath for positioning and it will wear a big frosh out! He is battling more than i have seen a big man battle at IU since....eh......Allen Henderson, maybe? He is a winner but needs some sub rest every now and then. In the OSU game he was so tired that he couldn't elevate towards the end. I was so confused that CTC didn't get him out of there to get him a rest.

A little of the "chicken little" pessimism.

Maybe, but the freshman wall isn't something imaginary and I just don't think it's good coaching to leave TB in until the very last minutes of games that are essentially over.  Look back at last year and see how JBJ and RoJo's numbers declined in the last weeks of the season and it coincided with our typical year end and B1G tourney slump.  I don't think my comments were so much pessimistic as concerned that we need our frontline players to be as fresh as possible for the year end push for the highest possible NCAA seed.   

Just for giggles say we land Thon, Bryant stays and JBJ comes back healthy. Anyone think Crean gets to a FF four next year with that group?

I don't know. The tournament is a crapshoot. You have to field a team that can compete. I can't look at it as a coach has to do this in this one tournament. You have to consistently put your self in that conversation.