Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

In  other news, some kid named Romeo Langford  has 46 against Bloomington North last night, 32 in the 1st half.
Any of you guys in this thread heard of him? Sounds decent.

As sad as it is.........over the last 3 months or longer I hear Romeo Langford and I think $$$$$$.

I've NEVER said the Langfords were bad people or whatever everyone else wanted to say. They Just have the opportunity to cash in if they want. Most will to some degree.

I've always said Archie could get him if we dance in the gray. At this point though, I wonder what people are willing to do, both the recruits and the schools.

The whole recruiting dynamic has shifted.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Right now with the spotlight burning so brightly might be the worst time for any recruit to try to cash in.  Gonna be lots of scrutiny everywhere.

Exactly. Not only that but I just don’t think the Langford’s are like that

16 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I just don’t think the Langford’s are looking to cash in. Their whole family dynamic would’ve been a complete facade. I just don’t see that being the case

It’s incredibly easy to hide things from the public eye if you’re smart.

14 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

They've been sanctioned by the NCAA 6(?) times, received one death penalty and barely avoided a second.  From point shaving to envelopes of cash to recruits, they're well versed in the filthy side of college athletics.  Don't kid yourself, pUKe's history is nearly as much about corruption as it is winning.  Having players named in the FBI probe is just more of pUKe being pUKe.

Laundry doesn't win titles, being flashy doesn't win games.  If it did Oregan football would be a juggernaut.  Indiana hasn't wallowed in mediocrity because they haven't changed jerseys, they've wallowed in mediocrity because the administration made a concerted effort to reduce the stature of IUBB.

I agree with everything in your statement. The thing that stumps me and the question I have is, "does all that even matter anymore?" It seems that the media and most people don't even care about honesty and integrity. Rather than being castigated for past violations UK is praised for its "passion".  I'm not sure  Old boy Roy at UNC is any better. They've had their issues the last few years off the court also but that situation isn't going to change. Izzo and MSU? If viewed with objectivity his behaviour is reprehensible! Pitino and Louisville? They changed only when forced to. 

What's the answer? This dishonesty and corruption has been there for years. How do you get to a level playing field? I think Len Elmore hit one key last night. Get rid of one and done. I like the baseball model of things but I'm not sure that would stand up in court if challenged. 

The media is complicit and hypocritical in all this. They promote on air those they know are functioning in the gray areas until it's a better story to tear them down. 

It all makes me want to just play golf 24/7/365 and forget about sports both collegiate and professional. 

P.S. I agree with your statement about the administration wanting to downgrade IUMBB. Don't like it but I agree with it. 

5 minutes ago, jonz44 said:

I agree with everything in your statement. The thing that stumps me and the question I have is, "does all that even matter anymore?" It seems that the media and most people don't even care about honesty and integrity. Rather than being castigated for past violations UK is praised for its "passion".  I'm not sure  Old boy Roy at UNC is any better. They've had their issues the last few years off the court also but that situation isn't going to change. Izzo and MSU? If viewed with objectivity his behaviour is reprehensible! Pitino and Louisville? They changed only when forced to. 

What's the answer? This dishonesty and corruption has been there for years. How do you get to a level playing field? I think Len Elmore hit one key last night. Get rid of one and done. I like the baseball model of things but I'm not sure that would stand up in court if challenged. 

The media is complicit and hypocritical in all this. They promote on air those they know are functioning in the gray areas until it's a better story to tear them down. 

It all makes me want to just play golf 24/7/365 and forget about sports both collegiate and professional. 

P.S. I agree with your statement about the administration wanting to downgrade IUMBB. Don't like it but I agree with it. 

I LITERALLY said this same thing to myself last night!  Right on!

The path has changed. I believe now that with Archie he would have followed the Sean route. I suspect with Vandy, Kansas being the other finalists and Romeo having also been interested in Louisville it seems clear we were willing to recruit in a similar manner.

Now that Archie can see directly the impact on his brother I think we change. Not sure if Vandy or Kansas do as well but I think we were probably willing to put money on the table before but I suspect we are not now.

I also think we caught a bit of a break. Archie was not here long enough to do too much and he did not land any 5 stars yet so he may have been clear to date here.

Good to be lucky in that regard.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Honestly I think the cheating continues the coaches are going to just insulate themselves better. 

I think this is accurate.

They will find out what works and what doesn't and who gets caught and who doesn't.

Adjust and advance.

Eliminating the 1 and dones will lower the amount of money being tossed around BUT then the bidding wars start over with what is the next best available.

The path has changed. I believe now that with Archie he would have followed the Sean route. I suspect with Vandy, Kansas being the other finalists and Romeo having also been interested in Louisville it seems clear we were willing to recruit in a similar manner.

Now that Archie can see directly the impact on his brother I think we change. Not sure if Vandy or Kansas do as well but I think we were probably willing to put money on the table before but I suspect we are not now.

I also think we caught a bit of a break. Archie was not here long enough to do too much and he did not land any 5 stars yet so he may have been clear to date here.

Good to be lucky in that regard.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Fair and probably quite accurate. This also may be why we have been "less involved" in the Romeo recruitment as of late and seem to be trailing. It is what happened with most of Crean's recruitments with like talent.

If I'm Langford I'm concerned if I took money for Vandy there may be evidence out there. I would snub them so that you could claim that it never happened as was just talk or fabrication. 

Sitting out next year is not ideal at all. Needs to do whatever possible to not be ineligible. 

9 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

If I'm Langford I'm concerned if I took money for Vandy there may be evidence out there. I would snub them so that you could claim that it never happened as was just talk or fabrication. 

Sitting out next year is not ideal at all. Needs to do whatever possible to not be ineligible. 

If he already took money, we know the Drew brothers are not above threats and blackmail (Hanner Perea).