Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Rick Bozich On Crean and Co.

Required reading? Why? Because Bozich has jumped on the bandwagon?

Because he points out things that the Crean haters dismiss or trivialize. It's giving credit where it's due on a national level. Not sure why you'd have issue with this....

Overall a good write up. Not a fan of how he tries to throw a jab at Brad Stevens record in Boston, as if ANYONE else would do any better. Phil Jackson and Greg Popovich would both stink with that roster. FACT! Most all of the criticism of Crean up to this point has been valid. Results are all that matters. Being ranked 23rd in the nation is certainly progress, and I'm pysched about it, but we need to wait until the end of the season. At the end of the day the guy is making elite money at a traditionally elite program. He should be held to a higher standard than most coaches who make 1/4 of what he makes. This is completely fair. He was given a ton of slack for his first 3 seasons (rightfully so) but those days are over. Now it's about results and results only! So far this season, he is doing a fantastic with this group. We are getting better as the season moves along and we have responded to every punch we've taken so far. He deserves credit where credit is due. I'll gladly eat crow but this season is a LONG way from over and I'm going to keep it in the freezer until the results are in.

Fair comment. This is the year to overachieve and so far, so good. But, he has a lot of work to do. I'm rooting for him and always for my Hoosiers. If he misses the tournament, say thanks and bye. If he makes it and Stevens becomes availabe, you probably do the same. A decade of coaching should put us in championship contention yearly and the results speak for themselves. Bozich conveniently left those out. Wonder why?

Overall a good write up. Not a fan of how he tries to throw a jab at Brad Stevens record in Boston, as if ANYONE else would do any better. Phil Jackson and Greg Popovich would both stink with that roster. FACT! Most all of the criticism of Crean up to this point has been valid. Results are all that matters. Being ranked 23rd in the nation is certainly progress, and I'm pysched about it, but we need to wait until the end of the season. At the end of the day the guy is making elite money at a traditionally elite program. He should be held to a higher standard than most coaches who make 1/4 of what he makes. This is completely fair. He was given a ton of slack for his first 3 seasons (rightfully so) but those days are over. Now it's about results and results only! So far this season, he is doing a fantastic with this group. We are getting better as the season moves along and we have responded to every punch we've taken so far. He deserves credit where credit is due. I'll gladly eat crow but this season is a LONG way from over and I'm going to keep it in the freezer until the results are in.

I'm ok with his jab at Stevens. I'm a Stevens fan, but he was brought in to win. Record doesn't lie. He and Crean were brought in to resurrect storied programs. He's eligible for the same criticisms as Crean.

Not really. It's apple-to-oranges. A college coach recruits and builds his own team, Stevens is beholden to how Ainge builds the team, and in the NBA you have salary cap restraints, etc. that all go into it. Nobody thought Stevens would go to a rebuilding Celtics team and have them competing a year in.

I'm ok with his jab at Stevens. I'm a Stevens fan, but he was brought in to win. Record doesn't lie. He and Crean were brought in to resurrect storied programs. He's eligible for the same criticisms as Crean.

He was brought in for a full blown rebuild not to win right away.

Eligible for the same critisims as Crean? Give me a break people give Crean a pass for his first few seasons here, but you don't want to give Stevens one? You can't have it both ways.

Easy gang. Honestly, there really wasn't a jab at Stevens. He stated a fact and took a jab at the fans who believe that Crean needs to be fired and replaced by Stevens immediately. It's ironic that we have some fans calling for Crean's head and begging for Stevens when he's really struggling as a coach at the moment. I agree, full rebuild going on in Boston is not his fault.

He was brought in for a full blown rebuild not to win right away.

Eligible for the same critisims as Crean? Give me a break people give Crean a pass for his first few seasons here, but you don't want to give Stevens one? You can't have it both ways.

Relax mates. Not wanting to get into a pissing match over it. Just stating my opinion on the "jab". BGleas had a valid point on it being apples and oranges but I still hold firm on my opinion.