Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

1 hour ago, Hardwood83 said:

Likelihood that a judge stays that punishment? I'm guessing pretty high. 

I am hearing that Michigan is already shopping for a judge to stay the ban... probably happens before tomorrows game at Penn State... slimy little weasel.

1 hour ago, AZ Hoosier said:

I am shocked that a judge didn't step in! The Michigan reaction is the epitome of childishness and certainly meaningless.

I do have a sincere question though, how is this any different/worse than cheating in recruiting? Does Ohio St or any of the other usual suspects have any room to talk? Also is there any chance Alabama, LSU, Clemson aren't doing something similar to MIchigan (although maybe not as sloppy)? I have no love for Michigan, but am surprised at the outrage since I thought cheating was accepted as part of college sports now.

PSU scores with 2 minutes left to cut the lead to 9. Two-point try fails and they're still down two scores. That's why you don't go for 2 until after the second TD. It always amazes me how many people, coaches included, don't seem to grasp this. 

Watching the Washington-Utah game. Hearing any pro-Harbaugh comments makes me so annoyed. Their halftime coverage painted Michigan as victims and championed Harbaugh coached teams. Victimizing and championing cheaters just feels weird to me. 

Just to be clear. I have no animosity towards the players. Screw their leadership tho

Washington's gonna survive -- 35-28 over Utah. 

Nobody is happer than that idiot who intercepted the pass, ran it back 80 yards, then in a too-early celebration, dropped it at the 2-yard line for Utah to recover. 

Kalen DeBoer is now 100-11 as a head coach. Granted 70 of those games -- and 67 wins -- were in NAIA. Still, he's 33-8 in the FBS. Hard to believe he was our OC a few years back. 

Soooo can someone explain the logic of a program reclassifying and therefore they are ineligible for a bowl for 2 years like James Madison is this year? It doesn't do anything but punish upper classmen because reasons???

11 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Washington's gonna survive -- 35-28 over Utah. 

Nobody is happer than that idiot who intercepted the pass, ran it back 80 yards, then in a too-early celebration, dropped it at the 2-yard line for Utah to recover. 

Kalen DeBoer is now 100-11 as a head coach. Granted 70 of those games -- and 67 wins -- were in NAIA. Still, he's 33-8 in the FBS. Hard to believe he was our OC a few years back. 

IU football is going to produce its first Heisman winner this year! Penix will be enshrined on the Notable Alumni section of Indiana University’s Wikipedia page. 

2 hours ago, Magnanimous said:

IU football is going to produce its first Heisman winner this year! Penix will be enshrined on the Notable Alumni section of Indiana University’s Wikipedia page. 

My gut says Penix needs to get the Huskies to the CFP to win it.