Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

Here is what happens a group of students on campus take the big football game this weekend a little to seriously. Admire their devotion but this is really sad and takes the hatred of your opponent a little to far:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39021124/dead-longhorn-found-oklahoma-st-frat-big-12-title-game

Watching top teams play sometimes they look like what IU tries to do but does not do and top teams do it and make it look easy both, team wise and individual players.

On 11/28/2023 at 6:30 PM, LamarCheeks said:

Petrino headed back to Arkansas as OC. What is it about this guy? He continually burns bridges with places only to have them welcome him back.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39000680/bobby-petrino-arkansas-offensive-coordinator

It’s weird. That’s the best you could do was this guy again?

1 minute ago, reconmkd said:

I had to quit watching, but my phone just went off with a notification from ESPN calling it an upset. I don't understand all the Washington disrespect, I hope the win the whole d@mn thing!

9.5 point underdogs lol. Not sure what anyone was thinking there. That was charity. 

Just now, reconmkd said:

I had to quit watching, but my phone just went off with a notification from ESPN calling it an upset. I don't understand all the Washington disrespect, I hope the win the whole d@mn thing!

Word.  Congrats to penix and deboer

Today could create some real chaos for the CFP committee. 

Texas is winning big. Imagine if Michigan, FSU and Alabama win.

For four slots, you'd have ... 

Unbeaten Michigan, Washington and FSU

One-loss Georgia, Texas and Alabama

Georgia would've lost its league title game. Alabama would've beaten top-ranked Georgia. Texas already beat 'Bama. 

Then there's one-loss Ohio State -- but since they're not playing this weekend, I have a hard time seeing them as a factor. 

Would the committee actually leave the SEC out? Or would it leave an unbeaten team out? 

10 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Would the committee actually leave the SEC out? Or would it leave an unbeaten team out?

It would be neither, right? The 3 unbeatens and Bama. Unless you’re counting UGA as unbeaten, which is fair but complicated. 

I am very ready for 12 teams. 

21 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

It would be neither, right? The 3 unbeatens and Bama. Unless you’re counting UGA as unbeaten, which is fair but complicated. 

I am very ready for 12 teams. 

But Texas would have just one loss -- and a win over 'Bama. 

17 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

But Texas would have just one loss -- and a win over 'Bama. 

True. I guess to answer your question, no I can’t see them leaving the SEC out. 

UGA might also just come out and make this all moot lol. 

Just now, Hovadipo said:

True. I guess to answer your question, no I can’t see them leaving the SEC out. 

UGA might also just come out and make this all moot lol. 

I cannot imagine they'd exclude the SEC, either. 

But if Georgia loses -- Texas would have a helluva argument against 'Bama.