Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

1 minute ago, Demo said:

Maybe so, but if that happens, I really, really, want to hear them justify Bama in and Texas out. If you do that, you’re saying that Texas going into Tuscaloosa and beating them comfortably was literally meaningless. And I get the argument for Georgia over FSU with the Travis injury, but at some point winning has to matter and dumping an undefeated Power conference champion for a 1-loss non-champion, I’m not down with that. For me, toady was Georgia’s 1st playoff game and they were eliminated. 
Personally, I think there would be a better argument for no SEC team than for 2.

I don't disagree and it would be totally unfair to leave an undefeated team and Texas out but I don't think the committee cares about fair. At all. Just money. The controversy would just be more publicity.

I don't really think it will happen but would not be at all surprised it did. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

A 12-1 SEC champion Alabama with the best win in college football this season definitely should be in. FSU’s best win this year was a week 1 win against the 3rd best SEC west school. 

The best team to beat Alabama was Texas.

The best team to beat Florida State so far is no one.

And if Alabama beating Georgia puts Alabama in the playoff over Georgia, then the best win of the season isn't Alabama over Georgia....its Texas over Alabama, which did it on the road and by double figures.

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

If FSU and Michigan win, I think the final four should be ... 

Michigan

Washington

Florida State

Texas 

But will the committe have the stones to keep an SEC team out? 

They won't.

1 minute ago, RaceToTheTop said:

The best team to beat Alabama was Texas.

The best team to beat Florida State so far is no one.

And if Alabama beating Georgia puts Alabama in the playoff over Georgia, then the best win of the season isn't Alabama over Georgia....its Texas over Alabama, which did it on the road and by double figures.

I disagree. To me, beating the undefeated 2x defending champion in your conference title game is a better win than a week 2 win. Bama isn’t the same team it was then.  

This is FSU’s resume. Does anyone really think FSU is one of the four best teams in the country with its backup quarterback and Alabama isn’t? 

IMG_7276.thumb.jpeg.c88d71445c00af0dbc65f090b3fda880.jpeg

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I disagree. To me, beating the undefeated 2x defending champion in your conference title game is a better win than a week 2 win. Bama isn’t the same team it was then.  

This is FSU’s resume. Does anyone really think FSU is one of the four best teams in the country with its backup quarterback and Alabama isn’t? 

IMG_7276.thumb.jpeg.c88d71445c00af0dbc65f090b3fda880.jpeg

Bama needed a desperation throw to beat Auburn in the last minute.  Saying they aren't the same team in week 2 as they are now belittles the fact that they've had close calls all year against teams that aren't that strong. 

And again, the record of team's that have beaten Florida State still stands at 0-0. You can add Louisville to the win list if they beat them tonight, and they would be 10-3.  So that would be eight wins against bowl eligible teams.  

26 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Bama needed a desperation throw to beat Auburn in the last minute.  Saying they aren't the same team in week 2 as they are now belittles the fact that they've had close calls all year against teams that aren't that strong. 

And again, the record of team's that have beaten Florida State still stands at 0-0. You can add Louisville to the win list if they beat them tonight, and they would be 10-3.  So that would be eight wins against bowl eligible teams.  

The ACC is easily the worst P5 conference. FSU looks absolutely terrible tonight. What’s the argument for putting them in the playoff? They’ve beat four teams with winning records this year. They’re not one of the four best teams in the country. Not with Travis gone. I understand that people love to hate the SEC but keeping Alabama out would be silly. 

Iowa is the single least enjoyable to watch 10 win team I've ever seen.
That offense is so bad. Thankfully divisions are ending, the big ten is embarrassing itself

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The ACC is easily the worst P5 conference. FSU looks absolutely terrible tonight. What’s the argument for putting them in the playoff? They’ve beat four teams with winning records this year. They’re not one of the four best teams in the country. Not with Travis gone. I understand that people love to hate the SEC but keeping Alabama out would be silly. 

I don't hate the SEC.  It is the best conference in football, although this season I would say that margin is as small as it has been in recent memory.  But you are even saying Alabama should be in over Texas, whom they lost to.  Sagarin rates Texas' SOS as 2nd in the country;  Alabama is 15th.  Texas will move to the #1 SOS after today's championship game, Alabama will move to around 5.  So you are discounting both an undefeated record in one case AND a head to head victory in another case.  Texas had the same record, had BOTH the best regular season AND conference title championship AND a schedule ranked the toughest in the country.  Exactly how are you moving Alabama ahead of Texas? 

52 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Iowa is the single least enjoyable to watch 10 win team I've ever seen.

Unfortunately I’ve subjected myself to about 5 of their games because i kept betting on the over (and losing). 

i can enjoy a good defensive battle, but they are just brutal offensively.

33 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The ACC is easily the worst P5 conference. FSU looks absolutely terrible tonight. 

The offense looks terrible.  The defense looks pretty damn dominant.   And if we are going to disqualify teams for looking really bad during a late season win, let's eliminate Alabama due to their Auburn win.