Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

I wasn’t saying he was giving impermissible benefits. I asked what he is selling them. Likely a bunch of bs about getting them to the NBA.
Also, this is a message board. People can say/ speculate on whatever they want as long as it’s not racist/homophobic/etc.

Wasn't picking out anybody in particular. But there have been various insinuations that Bryce Drew might be dirty because Scott is. Hence I'm saying you could say the same thing about Archie because of Sean.

And I agree it's a message board. I'm free to disagree with some speculations too.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The Shittu news is still news. Everyone saying he is waiting till Spring to sign means nothing. If Shittu is telling Garland he is likely to go there it doesn't matter when he signs. A lot can change in that timeframe but still. Like I said it is still big news and I haven't believed the Vandy insiders. They are horrible and is probably making the family angry with all these he is ours statements in the last week. It is still up in the air and anything can happen but we have a great class regardless. Let's not act like If Darius doesnt come we're screwed. If he does come it is awesome and the Shittu news does have an affect on how confident I was, but I still like our chances. Until Darius himself says otherwise let's let things play out. The freak outs dont bother me it is a natural reaction and even though these insiders are not right most the time I do like seeing what they say so keep it coming. If for anything, entertainment.

Regardless of how this turns out it has been an absolute joy and pleasure following this kids recruitment for the past couple years. I’m glad I went and saw him in Westfield. Hopefully he goes to IU but if not I will be following his college career closely. Easily in my top 5 non Indiana kids I have followed in recruiting

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Absolutely. Seemingly level headed good kid that is very good. Would be a welcome addition to our school, but if he decides not to it has been a fun one.

Guuuuys.  The schizophrenia is just everyone enjoying this, being a fan.  We don't need some voice of reason coming in to tell us it doesn't matter.  We know that.  It's as arbitrary as the games and sport themselves.  
When IU plays, do you watch the game, cheering for every made bucket and block?  Of course.  And if IU loses, did you still get to enjoy the ups and downs along the way?  Of course.  That's why we watch the games instead of just check the score on ESPN the next day.  Guys engaging in the board and hanging on rumors and tweets and CB picks is just part of it.  
Also, Darius to IU.  I've never been more sure of something in my life. 

If IU loses, no I don't get to enjoy the ups and downs.

This is another reason not to get too invested I the recruiting side of college basketball. I want kids to be successful no matter where they go or what they decide. While it can be a fun diversion at times, we create most of our own drama. We are embarking on an exciting new era for Indiana basketball and the decisions of high school kids aren't going to change that. I'm going to sit back and enjoy the process.

This exactly

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Regardless of how this turns out it has been an absolute joy and pleasure following this kids recruitment for the past couple years. I’m glad I went and saw him in Westfield. Hopefully he goes to IU but if not I will be following his college career closely. Easily in my top 5 non Indiana kids I have followed in recruiting

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This. Great kid and family. Wish him luck regardless.

12 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

The Shittu news is still news. Everyone saying he is waiting till Spring to sign means nothing. If Shittu is telling Garland he is likely to go there it doesn't matter when he signs. A lot can change in that timeframe but still. Like I said it is still big news and I haven't believed the Vandy insiders. They are horrible and is probably making the family angry with all these he is ours statements in the last week. It is still up in the air and anything can happen but we have a great class regardless. Let's not act like If Darius doesnt come we're screwed. If he does come it is awesome and the Shittu news does have an affect on how confident I was, but I still like our chances. Until Darius himself says otherwise let's let things play out. The freak outs dont bother me it is a natural reaction and even though these insiders are not right most the time I do like seeing what they say so keep it coming. If for anything, entertainment.

How angry would DG be if signed with Vandy and then Shittu changed his mind. I don't think you can make this decision based on a maybe. 

2 minutes ago, iufaninillinois said:

Correct. If CAM gets both DG and RL, other fan bases would be wondering the same thing about him.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

Not really. IU has gotten its fair share of 5 star recruits before. Vandy has gotten one in the last 10 years.