Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Str8Hoosiers

Mid season transfers

Didn't know where to put this... Fischer playing tonight for the first time since transferring... Got me thinking about mid season transfers... Checked it out and there are already 50 announced transfers for this year at semester break (which is basically now)... End of year transfers happen but seems like a huge increase in mid year transfers??? No? Yes?

Seems to be an increase. All I know is Crean needs to look at each and every one of them.

Agree, but how could he add them? Would the 13 already on scholarship not count if you have a plan like us oversigning in the early period? Maybe they are great students and we can put them on an academic scholly.

Just an odd question that popped into my head.  When a player announces that he's transferring mid-season (or, word gets out), does an interested coach get the opinion of his current team?  I know there's no "yes or no" answer, but I was wondering how the Marquette team felt about Fisher joining. We have seen how much chemistry affects a team.

Just an odd question that popped into my head.  When a player announces that he's transferring mid-season (or, word gets out), does an interested coach get the opinion of his current team?  I know there's no "yes or no" answer, but I was wondering how the Marquette team felt about Fisher joining. We have seen how much chemistry affects a team.

Interesting thought.. I am assuming you mean the coaches current team (Like where the player will be transfering to) and not the players current team... Players current team may have negative things to say out of spite for the guy "abandoning" the team. Coaches current team would be interesting, I would think they would buy in as long as it was a good coach that the players liked/trusted.... no real threat to them as the player can't take minutes immediately... then as far as the chemistry the player gets a year with the team before he starts playing in games to build that chemistry... that is more time than an incoming freshman would get...

Just popped into my head as I was typing but a coach probably wouldn't get his current teams thoughts on a recruit (high school senior) he was going after to join the team the next season...

Interesting thought.. I am assuming you mean the coaches current team (Like where the player will be transfering to) and not the players current team... Players current team may have negative things to say out of spite for the guy "abandoning" the team. Coaches current team would be interesting, I would think they would buy in as long as it was a good coach that the players liked/trusted.... no real threat to them as the player can't take minutes immediately... then as far as the chemistry the player gets a year with the team before he starts playing in games to build that chemistry... that is more time than an incoming freshman would get...

Just popped into my head as I was typing but a coach probably wouldn't get his current teams thoughts on a recruit (high school senior) he was going after to join the team the next season...

That's pretty much along the lines of what I was thinking.  I thought about that as I watched Fischer going into a huddle- he seemed to be respected by the team, which, unfortunately, is different from what we've heard happened here.  I'm sure that most coaches/staff have some knowledge of a recruit, but his team may have personal issues with an incoming player. 

They actually run an offense that got him the ball in good positions. Crean should understudy Wojo to see how an entry feed is made.

Marquette is 5-4 with a loss to Omaha.  They are the 103rd best team in the country.  Are you sure that's who CTC should take pointers from or are you just a know-nothing spouting off?

Marquette is 5-4 with a loss to Omaha.  They are the 103rd best team in the country.  Are you sure that's who CTC should take pointers from or are you just a know-nothing spouting off?

Spouting off.

One question I have, is if Luke Fisher played a game on 12/22/13 and informed the staff at some point afterwards, why is he eligible to play a game on 12/16/14?

Just has to sit a full two semesters. Marquette's fall semester finished last week.