Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

IU vs Northwood Post-Game Thread

um Davis will probably never play basketball again

speech therapy? This is a serious serious brain injury

My grandfather had a brain injury and was seeing Japanese solders crawling out of walls and couldn't speak anything but gibberish for a week or so.Afterwards he was fine.Neurons in the brain get scrambled and act as a short circuit  that can cause all kinds of symptoms I thought.doctors for Devin have released a statement that they expect a full recovery.

It's almost impossible for doctors to predict a long-term outcome for a TBI at this stage. It takes time. We need to be patient and pray for Devin.

I agree. I just think to write him off because of speech therapy is a mistake.People come back from that all the time.

I sure hope and pray that's what happens in Devin's case.

I like that Crean kept Stan, Troy and Holt in the locker room...    they watched the game from there and had to keep charts, which is pretty much giving them homework.  That wouldn't allow them to just sit back and watch, however,  they would be contributing to the team from a different aspect by analyzing the game and offering feedback during halftime.  

I like the move, it's very appropriate, especially for an exhibition game. 

Exactly, I think this is a great addition to the punishment. The Bench Mob is supposed to be having fun and bringing energy to the team. Williams, Robinson, and Holt didn't deserve to be part of the Bench Mob. That being said, Crean sounds like he will allow them to sit on the bench at some point during their suspensions.

I wanted to wait until this thread got old before I commented because I know it won't be popular....but msb played terrible defense.  If he wants to see the court, he'll have to improve.

Like i posted earlier, i used to put the screw ups in the center circle and make them watch their teammates run until they vomited, always took care of the problem. The screw ups hated this.

my high school coach did this. Gave them a coke to drink while we ran

I wanted to wait until this thread got old before I commented because I know it won't be popular....but msb played terrible defense. If he wants to see the court, he'll have to improve.

Been said a lot already. The kid plays pretty awkwardly but then again he wasn't really brought in to be a star or be a starter. He has a niche spot right now and we have to have patience to let him develop in all other areas

I wanted to wait until this thread got old before I commented because I know it won't be popular....but msb played terrible defense. If he wants to see the court, he'll have to improve.

No one has mentioned it but Collin Hartman does not "have it". He is an average mid major player at best. I will give him some benefit of the doubt due to his injury but Etherington was a far superior player to Hartman. If by chance Hartman were to transfer for PT, no way he ends up at a Butler-esque school.

His Defense was atrocious. Had decent spacing and decent passing but did nothing else offensively. But, man, that D was really bad.

I like that he is a hard worker, and seemingly a clean student. I hope he surprises me in his career.

No one has mentioned it but Collin Hartman does not "have it". He is an average mid major player at best. I will give him some benefit of the doubt due to his injury but Etherington was a far superior player to Hartman. If by chance Hartman were to transfer for PT, no way he ends up at a Butler-esque school.

His Defense was atrocious. Had decent spacing and decent passing but did nothing else offensively. But, man, that D was really bad.

I like that he is a hard worker, and seemingly a clean student. I hope he surprises me in his career.

Another huge difference between Hartman and Etherington is that Colin doesn’t have a big mouth d'bag for a father. And that’s all I’m gonna say about that.

lol. Guess you know a little something there. I didn't know all that, AE father played for Butler, right?

Yeah, his dad is Brett Etherington. Played at Butler in the late '80s. He was running his mouth ever since Austin got to Bloomington, whining about AE's playing time. Rumors were hot and heavy that AE was transferring out the previous year. From what I heard, he thought he (the dad) could push Crean around and get AE more playing time. When that failed, he started working on AE to transfer. From what I heard, Austin wanted to stay at IU, and, in the end, it did buy him another year in Btown, but that was it.

Real classy guy, Brett.