Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

I disagree. Arguably, the best 2 players from his 1st year transferred after it, the best player from his 2nd year missed it, and year 3, with injury. maybe not last place, but no good reason to be top 10.
Junior Nick, Junior Malik and Sophomore Mo in year 3 we would have been a lot better.

Recruit better like UNC/Kansas/Kentucky/UCLA after coaching changes.

But I guess if you are trying to do it relatively clean........there ya go.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Recruit better like UNC/Kansas/Kentucky/UCLA after coaching changes.

But I guess if you are trying to do it relatively clean........there ya go.

You know good and well Indiana didn't "have a coaching change" it was an unprecedented situation.

UNC sucked with Matt Dougherty, Can't count Kansas, Can't count UCLA. Can't ever count Kentucky, when you're talking about other teams.

We'll find out soon, just how NOT EASY it is to replace a top coach.

UCONN just demonstrated it this weekend. Took UNC to a 3rd coach,. They're gonna get another chance to find out in the next few years. Liable to take Duke longer because they were NOTHING before K and will likely be nothing after K. More likely than we were. Same with Syrexcuse.

UCONN just demonstrated it this weekend. Took UNC to a 3rd coach,. They're gonna get another chance to find out in the next few years. Liable to take Duke longer because they were NOTHING before K and will likely be nothing after K. More likely than we were. Same with Syrexcuse.

UConn surely isn’t Indiana when it comes to basketball. Duke. We will see.

Indiana did it to themselves however. Syracuse Recently went through a worse scandal than us and came out nearly unscathed.

Heck Louisville will rebound better than we did and their situation makes ours look like child’s play.

Alot of talk on the Louisville sports talk radio that Painter and Alford are on the list of coaches they will be contacting about the HC job. Also talk of Chris Mack since his wife is from there. Somehow they believe that they are going to get a big name to come in and rebuild the program even with 4yrs probation and not knowing what the NCAA is going to do about FBI deal. Can't see anyone with a name wanting to come in with more questions to be answered. Personally want to see them have a hard time so I can rag them like their fanbase did ours during our search. I would like them to hire local coach Scotty Davenport from Bellarmine.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

Louisville fans are delusional. They also think there is zero chance that Romeo goes to IU. They are a salty bunch towards IU for some reason.

Indiana did it to themselves however. Syracuse Recently went through a worse scandal than us and came out nearly unscathed.

Heck Louisville will rebound better than we did and their situation makes ours look like child’s play.

I’ll back off this comment about Louisville because I don’t know, but my guess is their record over the next 3 years will blow our record with the first 3 years of Crean out of the water.

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Uconn recently has had a run similar to Indiana '76-87'

Doesn't Syracuse situation prove my point, not yours? That the situation that Tom Crean walked into is unprecedented. 

Unless things really get way worse, whomever takes over at Syracuse will walk into a better day 1 roster and situation.

Indiana had 19 f's because we actually do grade basketball players. 

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’ll back off this comment about Louisville because I don’t know, but my guess is their record over the next 3 years will blow our record with the first 3 years of Crean out of the water.

I guess we'll have to see if the scummy Louisville kids stay there or if they have to start over with a 2-man roster.

Our F's transferred or were shown the door

I agree with them here. It took Crean way too long to get going. There was no excuse to be a last-place team in his third season. Crean isn't capable of adapting to what he's given. It has to be his players, his system, his way.

This is what worries me about Archie

This is what worries me about Archie

It's what gives me hope about Archie. He has a system that's been proven effective, albeit at a mid-major. Crean's system wasn't really a system at all. He would just go after the flavor of the day recruit and plug him in. Didn't matter if the player "fit" or not. Crean's "system" fluctuated constantly, ever changing to fit his players' strengths. Archie appears to be recruiting to fit his system, or I should say I hope that is what he is doing. The sample size is pretty small right now.

Tournament just got better. TV Teddy is gonna be watching this one from the couch.
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/ted-valentine-believes-ncaa-tournament-banishment-retaliation-joel-berry-incident-005438325.html

Maybe he'll be able to get out to buy some 42s now. I'm probably dating myself pretty badly right now.

1 hour ago, RatpigHoosier said:

It's what gives me hope about Archie. He has a system that's been proven effective, albeit at a mid-major. Crean's system wasn't really a system at all. He would just go after the flavor of the day recruit and plug him in. Didn't matter if the player "fit" or not. Crean's "system" fluctuated constantly, ever changing to fit his players' strengths. Archie appears to be recruiting to fit his system, or I should say I hope that is what he is doing. The sample size is pretty small right now.

Archie's system, to an extent, reminds me of what Tony Bennett is doing at Virginia. Archie has had some questionable coaching decisions no doubt but I think most time he's admitted to mistakes in post game press conferences where with Crean it was all coach speak and never understanding the method to the madness. I never knew what Crean's system was really, especially on defense. I think we all at least understand what Archie's system is at this point.

16 hours ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

I agree with all of this. UNC will eventually be ok because they have tradition, location, lots of $$, no scruples and demand a winner (kinda like O$U or Bama in football.) But I think it's gonna be much harder at Duke, Syracuse, Louisville, etc. UCLA has mostly scruffled along the last 40yrs too. One NC and a few Final Fours, but nothing approaching their glory days. Hopefully the whole paradigm in NCAA hoops changes with this FBI investigation (not holding my breath) but even without that, in 5yrs Ol' Roy, Boeheim, K, Izzo and a few more will be gone. It's a good time for IU to return to being a perennial top 10 program and the face of the B1G.    

1 hour ago, Hardwood83 said:

I agree with all of this. UNC will eventually be ok because they have tradition, location, lots of $$, no scruples and demand a winner (kinda like O$U or Bama in football.) But I think it's gonna be much harder at Duke, Syracuse, Louisville, etc. UCLA has mostly scruffled along the last 40yrs too. One NC and a few Final Fours, but nothing approaching their glory days. Hopefully the whole paradigm in NCAA hoops changes with this FBI investigation (not holding my breath) but even without that, in 5yrs Ol' Roy, Boeheim, K, Izzo and a few more will be gone. It's a good time for IU to return to being a perennial top 10 program and the face of the B1G.    

My guess is all of those teams will have a down period.  UNC began a downward spiral when Guthridge took over for Dean Smith, then Dougherty, and then they were able to pursuade alumnus Roy Williams to take over.

4 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Is anyone else watching this Louisville game? It legit looks like the players are trying to lose. Bizarre 

I've only watched a minute, it looks similar to the last month of our 2016-17 season where some guys were looking to get theirs regardless of score/situation.