Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Yikes, check out this tweet:

I spoke w/ an NCAA official this week who was “95% certain” transfers will soon be allowed to play immediately in basketball & football. Could be a one-time freebie, plus grad transfer option. So in theory, a student-athlete could play for three different schools w/o sitting out.

— Matt Schick (@ESPN_Schick)

What are you watching USPS? Think that Auburn-Bama game ends up being close?

I'm interested in seeing how Iowa looks at Rutgers. Rutgers is improved and that could be a game we struggle with in the last third of the Big Ten season.

Does O$U keep pace with pu and dominate NW on the road? NW hasn't looked that great this year but O$U will slip up a few times on the road. Bates-Diop and Tate have been playing like senior leaders should.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

What are you watching USPS? Think that Auburn-Bama game ends up being close?

I'm interested in seeing how Iowa looks at Rutgers. Rutgers is improved and that could be a game we struggle with in the last third of the Big Ten season.

Does O$U keep pace with pu and dominate NW on the road? NW hasn't looked that great this year but O$U will slip up a few times on the road. Bates-Diop and Tate have been playing like senior leaders should.

I’m watching temple/Tulsa on ESPN news right now. Villanova/Georgetown starts at 6:30. For the 7 o’clock games Smu/Wichita st has my attention Florida/ Arkansas and hopefully Alabama loses(Watford will be there)
I think northwestern wins tonight

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, AKHoosier said:

Yikes, check out this tweet:

I spoke w/ an NCAA official this week who was “95% certain” transfers will soon be allowed to play immediately in basketball & football. Could be a one-time freebie, plus grad transfer option. So in theory, a student-athlete could play for three different schools w/o sitting out.

— Matt Schick (@ESPN_Schick)

Ugh. This would be a TERRIBLE decision. 

30 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Heard the fine print on academic eligibility to transfer will make this difficult and will be similar to how it is now. Not sure what to believe.

I hope so. There are already so many transfers now. Remove the penalty for transferring and I can only imagine how many more there would be. Hopefully they make the stipulations tough to meet. 

Heard the fine print on academic eligibility to transfer will make this difficult and will be similar to how it is now. Not sure what to believe.

I havent heard of a guy being academically eligible in years at a big name school. I guess they make sure with fakes classes or whatever.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I’m definitely not a fan of B1G games on Friday’s. Center Grove/Ben Davis plays at the same time as IU.

Brownstown does, as well. 

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

I’m definitely not a fan of B1G games on Friday’s. Center Grove/Ben Davis plays at the same time as IU.

Not to mention IU can't attend the New Albany game that is on ESPN. But it looks like Kansas and Vandy will be in attendance.