Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Trae Young is just silly in this game.

Good for him.

I know we compare Langford to him and the home factor is the biggest reason but Trae is a different type of guy/player.

His mental toughness is the most impressive thing to me.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He has shot it 36 times in this game. That’s crazy

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Trae Young is just silly in this game.

Good for him.

I know we compare Langford to him and the home factor is the biggest reason but Trae is a different type of guy/player.

His mental toughness is the most impressive thing to me.

He is good but he takes such ill advised shots at times. No one is Steph Curry

It takes a combination to win at the highest level. pu has a solid team led by four seniors that have improved their game every year. It's a good model but I don't think it's a model that will have you competing annually.

I believe you need the three and four year high 4* and low 5* players mixed with those other pieces. You need unselfish players that will wait their turn. (An example could be Anderson and Durham playing a very limited role next season if we were to land Romeo.) You absolutely need upperclassmen leadership that can teach the incoming freshmen.

pu's downfall in the tourney will be an athletic team that can defend the post 1v1 while pressuring their perimeter players. They're playing great basketball right now but I don't see them playing their best in March. The excuse this season will be the world games last summer.

Hopefully IU can get some more 5 star players like Zeller, Yogi, the Grahams, Isaiah, et. al. along with high 4 star players. With a good coaching staff, that’s usually a winning combination.

Trae Young is the biggest chucker in the history of college basketball. I don't know how Kruger lets him shoot the ball almost 40 times, insane. Clearly extremely talented but that **** will not fly on an NBA team with other young players that need to be developed. 

Trae Young is the biggest chucker in the history of college basketball. I don't know how Kruger lets him shoot the ball almost 40 times, insane. Clearly extremely talented but that **** will not fly in the NBA. 

He is by far the best player on Oklahoma. The team is better with him shooting it a lot.

In the NBA he will have guys as good and better to work with. You will see more playmaking skills at that point.

It's like my sons game today. My son was gunning and hitting about 40%. He took about 15 shots. I said you need to get your teammates involved. And he did. And they went about 2/20. Sometimes having your best guy gunning is your only and best option.

He is by far the best player on Oklahoma. The team is better with him shooting it a lot.

In the NBA he will have guys as good and better to work with. You will see more playmaking skills at that point.

It's like my sons game today. My son was gunning and hitting about 40%. He took about 15 shots. I said you need to get your teammates involved. And he did. And they went about 2/20. Sometimes having your best guy gunning is your only and best option.

14/39 is ugly though. So he has to tone it down but I think when he does it's still the same result for the team.

34 minutes ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

What the hell is trae Young doing ?! Shooting 30 footers while only being down 2? He has 46 points on about 40 shots.

36 to be exact, yet i watch him and i'm amazed and disgusted at the same time. if he could clean up his bad shots, the Sooners have the talent to make a big run in the tourney.

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

14/39 is ugly though. So he has to tone it down but I think when he does it's still the same result for the team.

was it 39, and i thought it was just 36. like i said, clean up the bad shots and they're good. to those who watched the game, how many bad shots do you think he took?? i say at least 12.

Trae Young is the biggest chucker in the history of college basketball. I don't know how Kruger lets him shoot the ball almost 40 times, insane. Clearly extremely talented but that **** will not fly on an NBA team with other young players that need to be developed. 

Honestly he is exactly Allen Iverson in college. AI wasn’t as good of a passer. They both had high turnover averages, but they are used exactly the same way from shot selection and expectation.

32 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

ESPN is milking this Williamson announcement for all its worth. It got as much air time during the Clemson game as Dookie V gave coach K. Now they've started the South Carolina game with it.

I'm been hearing Clemson the last few games I only saw the 2nd half of the Duke game.