Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Fun fact I just discovered: In Archie Miller's third season, we needed a late rally to sneak past an awful Northwestern team at home. Northwestern's leading scorer in that game was Pat Spencer, a former lacrosse player who joined their basketball team that season. He's Cam Spencer's older brother. 

Also, after watching again, it's clear Hurley was initially speaking to a referee off camera to which Edey responded over his shoulder walking away, and Hurley seems to respond, though we can't see his face as he turns his head toward Edey. 

Maybe he's a nice kid, maybe he's a smug SOB... Him and his elves got no chips. Ain't gonna get no chips.  

981748341_Screenshot2024-04-09at8_27_41PM.thumb.png.506fa7772ae67f9f0f5f44812017ad6e.png

Marcus Domask lawyering up to try to get a sixth year, claiming he deserves a redshirt for 20-21 despite:

1.  The fact he was over the minimum number of games to be eligible for a redshirt and

2.  The NCAA already not counting 20-21 as a year for anyone, meaning the redshirt would be meaningless.

Even the NCAA can’t blow that case.

30 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Marcus Domask lawyering up to try to get a sixth year, claiming he deserves a redshirt for 20-21 despite:

1.  The fact he was over the minimum number of games to be eligible for a redshirt and

2.  The NCAA already not counting 20-21 as a year for anyone, meaning the redshirt would be meaningless.

Even the NCAA can’t blow that case.

Don't bet on it.

1 hour ago, Alford Bailey said:

The women’s championship game had more viewers than the men’s game for the first time in history. Thanks Purdue.

14 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

That has more to do with Caitlin Clark than Purdue. This year's men's game had a higher viewership than last year's. 

The NCAA got kinda lucky this year. For both title games, they had No. 1 seeds and similar compelling storylines: The best player (Catilin Clark, Zach Edey) vs. the best team (South Carolina, UConn). 

On the men's side, you had the two perceived best teams: PU and UConn, plus the PUs were looking for "redemption" after losing the 1 vs. 16 game the previous year. That probably drew some casual fans. I always watch the title game because I'm a college hoops fan -- but TBH, I had very little interest in UConn-San Diego State last  year. 

On 4/9/2024 at 3:19 PM, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

From a former Purdue player

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I couldn't care less if they keep it or not

1) but it proves their little brother status as long as they do it...

2)I think it's funny they think it bothers IU fans...

3)we actually do suck right now so it would be ironic if that's when they stop doing it.

I think I have the right thread .... Is anyone keeping track what players Michigan is losing and what Dusty May has signed since he took the job. I have seen players leaving but having caught any twitter news on what players are going to Michigan. I KNOW it's UM and I would not be interested if May wasn't the HC.