Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

A professional note: Today will be my last day with 247Sports. I have had a great run with the company, and there are so many people who have made it a special work experience. From the publishers to the fans to the people at the top of the food chain, it has been fun.

Brian Snow 

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

A professional note: Today will be my last day with 247Sports. I have had a great run with the company, and there are so many people who have made it a special work experience. From the publishers to the fans to the people at the top of the food chain, it has been fun.

Brian Snow 

Was a fan of his coverage. Was not a fan of his personality on message boards.

Good luck BS

This has nothing to do with anything, really. I just think this guy is pretty damn good. Never thought of him as an announcer with CP, just think of him as an excellent play-by-play man. 

(I don't even hold those bizarre chats w/ Bill Walton during the Maui/Asheville Classic against him. I chalk that up to being put in a tough position with a complete whacko as his sidekick and doing the best he could.) 

Just now, LamarCheeks said:

This has nothing to do with anything, really. I just think this guy is pretty damn good. Never thought of him as an announcer with CP, just think of him as an excellent play-by-play man. 

(I don't even hold those bizarre chats w/ Bill Walton during the Maui/Asheville Classic against him. I chalk that up to being put in a tough position and doing the best he could.) 

I did not know that about him. I love Jason Benetti and enjoy his commentary. 

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Interesting timing.  Lon Kruger's son, Kevin, was just named coach at UNLV.  Lon is 68, and wonder if he'll join his son in some capacity at UNLV?

He will be moving closer  as a grandpa closer to his grandkids from what I saw.   He was planning to retire in 2022 but moved it up.  Also he had an assistant coach pass away in February.   

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Nobody thinks Texas fans are unrealistic expectations. 

Good point.  Top 20 all season.  Have about 8 top 100 players.  They should be happy they even made the tournament.  

4 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

He will be moving closer  as a grandpa closer to his grandkids from what I saw.   He was planning to retire in 2022 but moved it up.  Also he had an assistant coach pass away in February.   

If Turgeon really does want out at Maryland, this feels like an awfully good landing spot, doesn’t it? If they want to get out ahead of everyone they could take a look at Dana Ford, the HC at Missouri St. He’s done a great job and next year they’re gonna be really good. He may be a very hot name this time next year.

17 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Rothstein reporting Shaka Smart is Marquette's primary coaching candidate and there's a meeting with players later today.  If all this comes to fruition then we'll see how the Beard to Texas theory plays out.

It's funny how his tenure at TX has gone.  Seemed like a bad hire, then UT starts off hot and he's held up as an example of how it can take several seasons for a coach to turn things around, then his team flames out in the tourney and he's out of there. 

Now is that crazy twitter post from yesterday going to happen? Cal to UT, Beard to UK - that would be nuts.