Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

By the way over on3 there Recruiting Prediction Machine has 3 predictions in for Wabbington all going to IU.  Jamie Shaw & Jason Scheer of Arizona's On3 have a 90% confidence. Joe Tipton with a 65% confidence. 

Posted
50 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Finally

My exact thought.  It's about time.  I get quite annoyed when I hear about what they're doing for UL, KU, PSU, etc., and then very little for us.

We're on a contract with them signed in summer 2024 and frankly it doesn't pay us much.  Since then we've delivered literally incredible CFB exposure that Adidas is getting for pennies on the dollar. 

I really would like to see our whole contract with them renegotiated to something like what Penn State is getting.  Things have changed and contracts are redone all the time.

Until then, help us with more FB and MBB players.  We're a big platform.  It's good for Adidas too.

I sound like a whiner, but when it comes to athletic dept revenue, I think we're losing $10M+ per year from a non-FB school type contract with them.  I mean UL gets $10M more per year than we do.  We've just got to maximize revenue from sources other than fans as much as possible.  Do well with sponsors and ticket price increases can be much more limited.  I don't want to see us jacking up ticket prices by huge amounts all the time.

With that in mind... where are our shirt sponsor(s)?  Shouldn't it be easy to get one for FB right now? 

Our AD is doing a good job, but when it comes to apparel deals/sponsorships, I'm not sure they're doing as well as they could.  Just an observation. 

Posted
3 hours ago, Pagoda said:

My exact thought.  It's about time.  I get quite annoyed when I hear about what they're doing for UL, KU, PSU, etc., and then very little for us.

We're on a contract with them signed in summer 2024 and frankly it doesn't pay us much.  Since then we've delivered literally incredible CFB exposure that Adidas is getting for pennies on the dollar. 

I really would like to see our whole contract with them renegotiated to something like what Penn State is getting.  Things have changed and contracts are redone all the time.

Until then, help us with more FB and MBB players.  We're a big platform.  It's good for Adidas too.

I sound like a whiner, but when it comes to athletic dept revenue, I think we're losing $10M+ per year from a non-FB school type contract with them.  I mean UL gets $10M more per year than we do.  We've just got to maximize revenue from sources other than fans as much as possible.  Do well with sponsors and ticket price increases can be much more limited.  I don't want to see us jacking up ticket prices by huge amounts all the time.

With that in mind... where are our shirt sponsor(s)?  Shouldn't it be easy to get one for FB right now? 

Our AD is doing a good job, but when it comes to apparel deals/sponsorships, I'm not sure they're doing as well as they could.  Just an observation. 

Don’t forget men’s soccer being a national powerhouse and adidas is big in the soccer space especially as soccer in US is getting more popular by the day

Posted
1 minute ago, 68Hoosier said:

My son told me SI posted an article saying he committed and then retracted it later.  Anyone else see this?

Yup, looks like it. If you search “Sports Illustrated Wabbington” you’ll see the headline and a blurb: 2 hours ago — Wabbington becomes the highest-ranked high school commitment of DeVries' coaching career and headlines a loaded Hoosiers class.


https://www.si.com/college/indiana/basketball/indiana-hoosiers-darius-wabbington-commitment-darian-devries

The link has been removed

Posted
1 minute ago, Jeff Flabjohns said:

Yup, looks like it. If you search “Sports Illustrated Wabbington” you’ll see the headline and a blurb: 2 hours ago — Wabbington becomes the highest-ranked high school commitment of DeVries' coaching career and headlines a loaded Hoosiers class.

ReadSports News

 


https://www.si.com/college/indiana/basketball/indiana-hoosiers-darius-wabbington-commitment-darian-devries

The link has been removed

Maybe they didn't know it was 3pm mountain time and not 3pm est.  LOL

Posted
7 minutes ago, Jeff Flabjohns said:

Yup, looks like it. If you search “Sports Illustrated Wabbington” you’ll see the headline and a blurb: 2 hours ago — Wabbington becomes the highest-ranked high school commitment of DeVries' coaching career and headlines a loaded Hoosiers class.


https://www.si.com/college/indiana/basketball/indiana-hoosiers-darius-wabbington-commitment-darian-devries

The link has been removed

When this happens, is it because he has already told the coaches and the media knows or were they just pre-writing in hopes they could be the first to post?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...