Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

1 minute ago, AH1971 said:

I never said he wasn't out multiple weeks, just responding to the idea that you couldn't throw or continue playing with a broken thumb.

MOI doesn't look like "broken thumb" ... MOI of injury and then the bleeding RIGHT afterward indicates thumbnail. 

Again, either it's a thumb nail or IU/Cig is straight lying lol 

6 minutes ago, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

MOI doesn't look like "broken thumb" ... MOI of injury and then the bleeding RIGHT afterward indicates thumbnail. 

Again, either it's a thumb nail or IU/Cig is straight lying lol 

It's not possible to break your fingertip and lose the nail in the process? 

5 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Why are you so deadset on it being a broken thumb? The initial reports during the game referenced blood, which is in line with a thumb nail issue. 

6 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

IMO-- no--- with Thamel saying "possible to play next weekend" 

I still feel like "surgery" = a procedure to remove the nail. Which is very surgery-ish... I have had it done twice to my big toe. They numb it, gets HUGE, and then cut it out, essentially, with scissors. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Why are you so deadset on it being a broken thumb? The initial reports during the game referenced blood, which is in line with a thumb nail issue. 

Not deadset on anything, just don't believe that surgery rules out a fracture. If he plays against Michigan State we'll have our answer but I fully expect this to drag into the week of Michigan and then get more clarity once the bye week starts. 

11 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Not deadset on anything, just don't believe that surgery rules out a fracture. If he plays against Michigan State we'll have our answer but I fully expect this to drag into the week of Michigan and then get more clarity once the bye week starts. 

It probably also depends on how well Jackson plays. Not that IU would force an injured player to play, but if Jackson plays well then there’s less pressure to get Rourke back onto the field asap. 

If the staff says he will be back for MSU, which they have not yet said it could mean:

1) he will be back

2) they are wildly optimistic he will be back

3) and/or it means the staff wouldn’t mind MSU preparing for 2 different QB’s. 

Getting back to the who from IU is going to be on the GameDay set....

Don't forget, Corso is part of the broadcast. He was the coach when I was a student and he did some hilarious, and some stupid antics.

I could see Lee be part of the representing of IU. Would love to see him don the IU head as his game pick.

5 hours ago, steubenhoosier said:

Don't forget, Corso is part of the broadcast. He was the coach when I was a student and he did some hilarious, and some stupid antics.

I could see Lee be part of the representing of IU. Would love to see him don the IU head as his game pick.

I very rarely watch pre-game shows including GameDay, do they normally announce the guest before the show or is it a "surprise"? 

1 hour ago, steubenhoosier said:

He wasn't the best coach, but he was the most entertaining.

12 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

Soooo, I would imagine Cherry would be next man up for Jackson? 

I don't know much about Cherry other than he was highly regarded coming out of Center Grove. However, throwing him into meaningful minutes would make me very nervous.

I didn't know anything about Rourke when we signed him, but he has made a believer out of me. When I watch him, his composure is obvious and he just thinks the game better than anyone we've had, maybe ever. I have faith in our backup, but he's the backup for a reason. The sooner Rourke is back under center, the better as far as I'm concerned.

53 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

The Thamel report is that the the prognosis is good for Rourke...he should be back for MSU and is "doubtful" for Washington. I admit, it would be awesome if his status changed to "questionable" on Friday for Saturday's game.

Nice to force UW to prepare for both