Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Demo

Luke Goode (6’7” F) to INDIANA

14 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

I did not think he’d pick IU initially given his clear PT options elsewhere, happy to eat crow (where’s the pepper?), he’s a really good (avoided saying goode) addition— nice!

You might need some barbecue sauce.  I heard crow is dry and taste bland.  

Favorite take away from that interview?

IU seems to think that there's a real chance that Luke could get a second year at IU because of time lost to injury, and if that were to happen Luke would be all for it.

Second favorite takeaway?

He wants to be in the Miller Kopp role in many ways. And damn, we truly missed the senior year version of Killer Mopp last year.

14 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

IU seems to think that there's a real chance that Luke could get a second year at IU because of time lost to injury, and if that were to happen Luke would be all for it.

He wants to be in the Miller Kopp role in many ways. And damn, we truly missed the senior year version of Killer Mopp last year.

For every flipping reason they give people extra years and even multiple extra years--- Goode played 10 games, 139 mins---- how does he NOT get another one? Crazy to me. 

And wait... Xavier played in 11 games and played 277 mins two years ago and got an extra year... 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

For every flipping reason they give people extra years and even multiple extra years--- Goode played 10 games, 139 mins---- how does he NOT get another one? Crazy to me. 

And wait... Xavier played in 11 games and played 277 mins two years ago and got an extra year... 

I've seen this comparison made somewhere, I don't remember where I read it (maybe it was here) but the thought was it was more iffy because Goode played his minutes in-conference and X got hurt before Christmas.

How they haven't made the basketball rule similar to the football rule is beyond me. It's all non-sensical.

3 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I've seen this comparison made somewhere, I don't remember where I read it (maybe it was here) but the thought was it was more iffy because Goode played his minutes in-conference and X got hurt before Christmas.

How they haven't made the basketball rule similar to the football rule is beyond me. It's all non-sensical.

That would be one LAME reason to not give someone an extra year. I mean, is that in the rule? 

32 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

For a Killer Mopp, maybe you need to go see Martha!  She definitely had that Killer Mopp role down!

14 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Goode came back after an injury. For a medical redshirt, you are not allowed to play again that season. That can be appealed which IU might be trying to do in the future.

22 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That would be one LAME reason to not give someone an extra year. I mean, is that in the rule? 

Yes. The rule is that they need to play in less than 1/3 of the team's games and the games played in must be in the 1st half of the season.

1 minute ago, go iu bb said:

Yes. The rule is that they need to play in less than 1/3 of the team's games and the games played in must be in the 1st half of the season.

Then there is obviously a reason for Indiana to think he'd get the year to begin with... I wonder what that is. 

That's a stupid rule lol