Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Demo

Luke Goode (6’7” F) to INDIANA

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Then there is obviously a reason for Indiana to think he'd get the year to begin with... I wonder what that is. 

That's a stupid rule lol 

Personally, I think redshirt rules should be more restrictive, not less.  The age of some players is way out of hand and it's another reason that high school kids are having trouble getting recruited.

Just now, RaceToTheTop said:

Personally, I think redshirt rules should be more restrictive, not less.  The age of some players is way out of hand and it's another reason that high school kids are having trouble getting recruited.

well that's covid, more than anything... 

Goode played 10 games-- 139 mins--- that should count? 

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

well that's covid, more than anything... 

Goode played 10 games-- 139 mins--- that should count? 

With all the other shenanigans going on?

hell no it shouldn’t count. But I am curious as to the thought process on why he did play given the rule

29 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

But I am curious as to the thought process on why he did play given the rule

From Illinois' side? My best guess here would be...there is no loyalty anymore whether it be from the player side or the staff side, nor should there be given how goofy this whole thing has gotten. Why would I go out of my way to protect your redshirt when you're more than likely not spending 5 years in my program? It sounds bad, but I just don't think coaches can afford to worry about those things anymore, so they might as well throw a young kid in the fire when they get the chance. Kick the can down the road and let that be another program's issue.

That's my take, anyway.

8 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

From Illinois' side? My best guess here would be...there is no loyalty anymore whether it be from the player side or the staff side, nor should there be given how goofy this whole thing has gotten. Why would I go out of my way to protect your redshirt when you're more than likely not spending 5 years in my program? It sounds bad, but I just don't think coaches can afford to worry about those things anymore, so they might as well throw a young kid in the fire when they get the chance. Kick the can down the road and let that be another program's issue.

That's my take, anyway.

And all the more reason why some rules and regs have to be brought in to address this wild west that is today’s portal / NIL