Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

OGIUAndy

Oumar Ballo (7'0" C) TO INDIANA

10 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Man -- y'all need to stop picking on Woody. 

Get 100% behind him -- like Tyme and me! 

(BTW -- guess he forgot that even though we had Ware, we stayed home this postseason). 

image.thumb.png.57d9c160f40ba2fb1d445c5241fc05ed.png

Was going to comment on this but then this isnt the Woodson thread. The answer to this tweet is quite obvious however. 

41 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Not to mention... Mackenzie Mgbako is going to be a lights out shooter next year. I feel pretty confident saying that. 

I think he will be 35%+ on hopefully pretty high volume. 40%+ on the same volume as this year. But hopefully the offense is a little different. I'll say... for all the worries about shooting, which are absolutely valid/legitimate, my bigger concern is defense/rebounding. 

Yeah this is fair. I hope after a year of experience he just get's more confident and shoots so well that it gives the big men more space to operate with. 

Welcome aboard Mr Ballo. I must say I like this big man as he replaces Ware. Not so much of an offensive threat, but on the defensive side that hopefully gets us out in more transition bb. Getting out on the break and putting up shots earlier in the clock might help with some of our recent pounding the paint. 

13 minutes ago, fwgreenway said:

Welcome aboard Mr Ballo. I must say I like this big man as he replaces Ware. Not so much of an offensive threat, but on the defensive side that hopefully gets us out in more transition bb. Getting out on the break and putting up shots earlier in the clock might help with some of our recent pounding the paint. 

Yes, I do like that he's not a 'feed the post' type of player. Basically a "you other 4 shoot it, I'll rebound 2 of every 5 misses and dunk it, get fouled and miss the FT" type of player. Maybe run a P&R lob to him a couple times a half and that is about it. 

4 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Yes, I do like that he's not a 'feed the post' type of player. Basically a "you other 4 shoot it, I'll rebound 2 of every 5 misses and dunk it, get fouled and miss the FT" type of player. Maybe run a P&R lob to him a couple times a half and that is about it. 

Yes-- fair-- you did leave out my favorite part of the equation---- his defensive rebounding ability.. 

"Ballo outlets to Rice, Rice down the court quickly guarded there by Smith, Myles drives right wing and finds Mgbako in the left corner for 3----- GOOOOD!!!!!" ---- Fischer says in excitment.... 

"Indiana is cleaning up the glass tonight, and its giving them the ability to run and not allow the defense to get set up, thanks in large part to Oumar Ballo" ---Suhr adds 

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Ballo plays hard.  rebounds hard.  Hustles his best.  I really like him and this addition.  Free throws will bother me, I can guarantee that but we are definitely assembling an Uber "talented" roster! 

At least we are trying to win the whole damn thing and for that effort, I applaud it.  As far as to what happens on the court, I'm less convinced.   

Good kid.  Good player.  A beast underneath.  But he's got to fix the free throws.  If not, he'll be a problem down the stretch -- hack a Shaq rules.