Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

So you think we will have 3 pg’s on the roster next year? Starter, Cupps and Walker.

Yes—given how many spots we have to fill.

I don’t know if we’re getting Walker, but I think there’s roster room for two more small guards.

So you think we will have 3 pg’s on the roster next year? Starter, Cupps and Walker.

Neither Walker or Cupps impress me. I’ll take 5 minutes from both of them combined. Then give me a really good PG who can play 35 mins cuz we aren’t a top level team playing those guys big minutes.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Neither Walker or Cupps impress me. I’ll take 5 minutes from both of them combined. Then give me a really good PG who can play 35 mins cuz we aren’t a top level team playing those guys big minutes.

I agree we need a stud like RJ Davis as our lead guard. But I would only take one more PG on the roster. Need shooters. Trey can always be a backup PG.

Absolutely don't expect cliff O here from Rutgers..but man he's a hell of a player isn't he?  On a good team I could see him really being a asset.  He could definitely play rotation minutes for a top 10 team in the country.  Love his game.

Wonder why he's leaving with the good recruiting class coming in?  Next year could be a good year for them..

I agree we need a stud like RJ Davis as our lead guard. But I would only take one more PG on the roster. Need shooters. Trey can always be a backup PG.

Agree. I actually think you can make the argument for Trey to be our 1. Our offense was it’s best with the ball in his hands. Whatever the heck they have him doing off the ball is worthless because he can’t shoot.

10 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Agreed on Cupps, I hate to say, but I don’t see a player with much more upside than what we got this year. 

I am not sure I agree on walker though if he is a reserve guard. Seems like it would be a good add. We have plenty of space,  and you aren’t going to get all big ten caliber guards to come sit the bench. 

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Agree. I actually think you can make the argument for Trey to be our 1. Our offense was it’s best with the ball in his hands. Whatever the heck they have him doing off the ball is worthless because he can’t shoot.

Just my opinion, but Trey's assists will go way down without a guy that he can just lob it up to anywhere around the basket. If Trey is our best point, I think we're in trouble. I like him, but just don't think he is a lead point guard.

29 minutes ago, Sardinefarts1991 said:

Absolutely don't expect cliff O here from Rutgers..but man he's a hell of a player isn't he?  On a good team I could see him really being a asset.  He could definitely play rotation minutes for a top 10 team in the country.  Love his game.

Wonder why he's leaving with the good recruiting class coming in?  Next year could be a good year for them..

Maybe he just wants out of B1G play.  Purely a thought.

28 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Currently 9 guards and 2 forwards on the list of players IU has known contact with (although one of the guards there might not have been, so would be 8 and 2).

I expected it to be the opposite, so at least that’s a positive