Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

10 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

247 reports its sources indicate Jakai Newton staying at IU.  Good news - 1 less spot we have to shop for in the portal.  Bad news - we have no idea how much he'll be able to contribute.  If he can be even 90% of what he was in high school, we got ourselves a ballplayer.

Even if he does not really contribute next year, I hope he can stay healthy. Guys like him and Cupps could be keys for us in 2 years and if we don’t recruit HS kids, can hopefully be pieces for the next staff. 

59 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Even if he does not really contribute next year, I hope he can stay healthy. Guys like him and Cupps could be keys for us in 2 years and if we don’t recruit HS kids, can hopefully be pieces for the next staff. 

Give him as much time as he needs.  

Seen a couple posts on X that Leland Walker will visit on April 1st. Not sure on validity or not.

Visiting DePaul the 28th and 29th and then visiting us on the 1st

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, 8bucks said:

Hmm guy with 3 years left.  Why’d they bother to report it.

1 minute ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Those will be rare as long as Woodson is the coach 

Redshirt or 4 years left?  TJD, Race, Leal, and Galloway will have payed four years at IU.

Anyway, four year players are going to rare, period, at most schools now.

5 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

247 reports its sources indicate Jakai Newton staying at IU.  Good news - 1 less spot we have to shop for in the portal.  Bad news - we have no idea how much he'll be able to contribute.  If he can be even 90% of what he was in high school, we got ourselves a ballplayer.

Listen guys. I’m so excited to see this news. Seeing this kid play, he’s got that dawg swag to him. I think this is huge

12 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Our staff should have a very good idea. 

9 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Those will be rare as long as Woodson is the coach 

What will be? 

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The explosion Newton has already gained back is impressive from the videos posted..

There's "dunking", then there's what Newton is able to do... they're different. He seems he can rival Gunn in true athletic ability. 

Where are these video's?  TIA

On 3/21/2024 at 2:08 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

This Walker thing is actually gonna happen. 

Then we will use the excuse we have Gallo, Cupps, Walker, so what difference making PG would want to compete with that.  Lol

Pain

Woody gets a Rolls Royce budget and shops for Fords.  

I honestly don’t feel that we can land the rolls royce’s