Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

The chances of us getting quality talent from the portal? 99+%

The chances of us winning to a level of fanbase satisfaction with that talent? To be determined.

Disagree.

At this point, just make the NCAA and not get blown out. That’s about as much anyone can hope for with the current state of IU basketball.

Just now, IndyHoops said:

Disagree.

At this point, just make the NCAA and not get blown out. That’s about as much anyone can hope for with the current state of IU basketball.

Disagree about which of my two points?

1. That we won't get good talent out of the portal, or
  2. That getting good portal talent may not lead to satisfactory results.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Not knowing satisfactory results.

Doesn’t matter what talent Woodson brings in, if he doesn’t make the NCAA or makes the NCAA and gets destroyed, people will be upset.

He could have 3 kids on the roster…he better make the NCAA.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Would say #2 is definitely than questionable based on last season. Coach Woodson has been very vocal about competing for conference and national championships.

Assumingly he's not going to reach those heights next sesason, to your #2 point, what would be satisfactory?

11 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

The chances of us getting quality talent from the portal? 99+%

The chances of us winning to a level of fanbase satisfaction with that talent? To be determined.

What is quality talent? We had talent this year. It only moves the needle if it's talent we can win with.

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Connor Essegian should already bring gone after. He'd be a great one to take a chance on.

"great one" ehhh... 

better than CJ Gunn--- yess... probably significantly. 

Improving ourselves across the board can happen, TG/MR continue to grow into roles. Idk 

50 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Getting good talent will be tough. Sure we have money... But so does everyone else. Woody is also seen as a coach whose job is hanging on by a thread, and a tearing thread at that. Easy to recruit against, especially with guards. I'd be surprised if we got an elite guard transfer. 100% guarantee we won't get the 2-3 we NEED. And I don't want to hear any crap from anyone about how Galloway, Cupps and 1 more guard are enough. That was the dumbest idea fromast summer/fall imaginable.

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

"great one" ehhh... 

Improving ourselves across the board can happen, TG/MR continue to grow into roles. Idk 

I wouldn't mind bringing Essegian and Leal off the bench(obviously I want to start Leal but that isn't going to happen). But he's a kid with 2 years remaining.

4 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I wouldn't mind bringing Essegian and Leal off the bench(obviously I want to start Leal but that isn't going to happen). But he's a kid with 2 years remaining.

In a perfect world, Woody and Co. do good enough in the portal to have Gallo, Leal, newbies Leland Walker and Essegian all coming off the bench. That would be a good sign obviously, but i feel i am asking too much here. 

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

"great one" ehhh... 

We have bench spots open and enough scholarships, surely someone who made the All-B1G Freshman team along with 3 NBA players is worth a shot, especially with how much we have struggled with shooting.