Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

There is an intrinsic value to wearing the Candy Stripes, even if it’s just for one year. Be a good teammate and do your job when called upon and you become beloved by a fan base that can create lifelong relationships As much as he’s been criticized of late, Leal is a prime example.

Not saying it’s the same as being a Notre Dame alum, but this guy could set himself up for success well beyond his time on a basketball court.

i do wonder is reaching out to Mohammed is a sign that Hatton isn’t as close to being a Hoosier as was thought.  Seems like some radio silence there, although seems to a lot of silence on Hatton in general.  I thought he visited Minnesota some time ago but could be wrong, but I know the Gophers signed a different big after I thought Hatton visited.

16 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

i do wonder is reaching out to Mohammed is a sign that Hatton isn’t as close to being a Hoosier as was thought.  Seems like some radio silence there, although seems to a lot of silence on Hatton in general.  I thought he visited Minnesota some time ago but could be wrong, but I know the Gophers signed a different big after I thought Hatton visited.

I strongly suspect that Hatton will be in Bloomington by midweek, if he isn’t there already.

During that visit he’ll see his anticipated role, see film, meet coaches and players, see facilities, and learn about IU NIL.

If all goes well and the coaches are also impressed, he’s a Hoosier soon thereafter. If something goes awry, we need to be in contact with a few backup plan players.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

I strongly suspect that Hatton will be in Bloomington by midweek, if he isn’t there already.

During that visit he’ll see his anticipated role, see film, meet coaches and players, see facilities, and learn about IU NIL.

If all goes well and the coaches are also impressed, he’s a Hoosier soon thereafter. If something goes awry, we need to be in contact with a few backup plan players.

But other than the Branham crystal ball, what is the suspicion that he'll be there in the next couple of days if he's not already there based on?   At this point we haven't heard of a visit date, only that a date hasn't been worked out.

25 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

But other than the Branham crystal ball, what is the suspicion that he'll be there in the next couple of days if he's not already there based on?   At this point we haven't heard of a visit date, only that a date hasn't been worked out.

Credible info on that BtownBanners message board.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

Credible info on that BtownBanners message board.

I've been in South Carolina all week for my daughter's wedding so have been in and out of the message board but haven't been reading as much of the posts.  Who  has had info on a Hatton visit?

4 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Winning. Playing on a national stage. Regularly playing in front of 17,000 people. Practicing against high-level players. Connections to a career after college basketball (such as overseas teams). NIL. So many good reasons.

If I’m a guy with one legit year left to play before I enter the world….that’s where I’m going.

everybody’s motivations are different, but more PT on a team going nowhere vs an opportunity on what looks like a team with huge possibilities has to be attractive, even as a role player.  Especially coupled with Stuhoo’s comments above.

Heck, go get Hatton AND Muhammed 

10 hours ago, hohohoosiers311 said:

Hatton family in Bloomington!

Woo hoo!!!  I never would have thought I would be this excited for a role player position but this position is very important to the possible success and security of this team.  I hope they offer him loads of cash!!!

On 5/9/2024 at 2:28 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Yes, there's only 1 crystal ball and yes, he hasn't been on campus but I'm not seeing anything anywhere that suggests there's a reason to be concerned.  I looked at the Bellarmine calendar and last week was finals week and this Saturday is commencement which he may want to attend out of friendship with other students.  I'll be looking for news of some kind by no later than Wednesday the 15th.

Nailed it!

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/bellarmine-transfer-langdon-hatton-at-indiana-for-a-visit/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR06BztPTlLtiQ-sVoynvfR6MUAhG9D_BooPY_FbdNBqGCph22mjrN7emjI_aem_AalbMTEyJOaL1Z-zh8w2cc0k-fPMHnMZnY9WtmP4m0ZFupahBHRcEOQ9RfRMfeDbtDgGvfKqmYCpZIXiBgV0z33A

5 minutes ago, hohohoosiers311 said:

Trust me, the Bellarmine campus schedule didn’t dictate when the Hatton family was getting to Bloomington.  Langdon was ready to run to IU when Woodson called.  This kid wants to be a Hoosier! 

Stop raining on my parade.

grumpy-old-man-meme