Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

realTomCrean

IUBB vs Nebraska - Friday, 03.15.24 @ 9PM on BTN

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

Wait, did Woody skip the full presser or are the Ya quotes just coming from the quick postgame with Fisch?

They are interviewing Hoiberg right now.  Think at the BTT they usually interview winning coach then losing but could be wrong.

13 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

They are interviewing Hoiberg right now.  Think at the BTT they usually interview winning coach then losing but could be wrong.

Woodson, X, and Mgbako at press conference.  

Listen to Woodson right now.  More diplomatic in his first response on recruiting in the offseason than about recruiting.  Still didn't seem to get it on a question about playing the game inside/out.

The good in the presser -- more diplomatic in terms of talking about the portal, didn't give the 'I don't owe you antything' attitude he did earlier to the press.  Didn't blow up on a reporter who asked a stupid question about 'do large blowouts make you frustrated?'  Finally, seemed very genuine in that he felt bad for X over the last two years 'not being able to live his dream' and stay on the court.  Said he hopes he's part of X's future and that if there is anything he needs, he'll do it for him.

The bad in the presser -- still didn't seem to openly state that the inside/out style wasn't working.  Fell back on the 'when we were losing shots were falling' mantra.  Don't think he knows how much just an ounce of humility of saying "I have to do a better job of preparing" or "as a team, we need to better, and that includes me" would go to getting fans on his side.

All in all, I'd give him a B for the presser.  It was better than he's been in the last few.

The good- the season is mercifully over
The bad- Woody is more than likely coming back
The ugly- did I mention the season is mercifully over and that Woody is more than likely coming back?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

He IS coming back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

57 minutes ago, colonel06 said:

As it Woodson’s decision alone not to accept NIT?

Don't know the answer to your question, but IMO it is the right decision.  If Galloway's knee injury would keep him from playing and we're already down 1 scholly plus Newton out with injury.  Ware should take a pass and not risk an injury before working out for the upcoming NBA draft and possibly Bako if he's seriously thinking of entering the draft.  Plus we stink and no way we'd be a serious threat to win it.  We really do need to spend our efforts figuring out who will be on our team next year.

We lost by 27.  We were behind big the entire second half.  We shot 20 total three-point shots for the game. What was our second half gameplan?  The efficiency needed on two-point shots to make up our deficit would be an unrealistic expectation.  Our coach is living in the past and has no clue of the game today. 

I honestly feel worse about the program under Woodson than I did under Miller. 
Miller’s pac line D was just bad. But then at least I could define it and see growth. And CAM was trying, he recruited, he was actively involved within the game. 

Woodson is none of those, completely out of the loop in recruiting, doesn’t show early or stay invested in key (or what should be key) recruiting targets, is uninvested in recruiting, is uninvested in actual game management, is grossly stubborn is forcing a play thru the post and deemphasizing if not discouraging outside shooting.

Year 3 was a disaster. I said going in the U would not fire him after 3 years 2 of which were tournament years. But I want to be wrong, bc the writing on the wall is clear — the bball program is being damaged, stop the bleeding already