Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

realTomCrean

IUBB vs Nebraska - Friday, 03.15.24 @ 9PM on BTN

This season was a linear journey, with a rigid, proscribed set of waypoints leading, without exception, to a logical and predictable conclusion. 

(Sorry for what probably is overkill, but I absolutely love that line. It's the ultimate in corporate-speak, mish-mash, nothingness mumbo-jumbo). 

1 minute ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Don't like turning down an NIT bid, but it's the right move.  Am expecting tons of P5 teams to turn it down this year. 

I’m assuming IU turns it down because of transfers and injuries?

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

This season was linear journey, with a rigid, proscribed set of waypoints leading, without exception, to a logical and predictable conclusion. 

(Sorry, but I love that line. It's the ultimate in corporate-speak, mish-mash, nothingness phraseology). 

Can we circle back to this in November? “Circle back” might be the worst corporate-speak

1 minute ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

We will be extremely successful recruiting the portal as long as it can be done from a golf course, doesn't require remembering any names, and doesn't require any actual work.

And hey just look at our season and failure to use the perimeter- what a great selling point

Just now, theriverpilot said:

Can we circle back to this in November? “Circle back” might be the worst corporate-speak

My wife and I use it ironically to each other all the time. “Did you get the dishes done?” “Let’s circle back when you get home.” It’s the worst. 

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

Bozich, Rabby, etc. are all tough on their keyboards, but who’s gonna bring the heat in the presser tonight? Someone sack up and ask ONE tough question. 

"Man, I'm not gonna talk about that." 

8 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

This season was a linear journey, with a rigid, proscribed set of waypoints leading, without exception, to a logical and predictable conclusion. 

(Sorry for what probably is overkill, but I absolutely love that line. It's the ultimate in corporate-speak, mish-mash, nothingness mumbo-jumbo). 

You forgot synergy. I’ve gotten job offers for using synergy when talking about nothing in interviews.