Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

2 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Happy for Dusty but he’s going to need to bring most of his core from FAU to gain some momentum early. Wonder if he’ll have issues getting some of those guys admitted?

The issue isn’t typically being admitted, it’s the loss of credits Michigan won’t accept. They lost both Caleb Love and Terrance Shannon Jr because of it. On the football side of things they wouldn’t take online course work from a WR a few years ago, so that player went to Texas and just broke the record for the fastest 40 time at the combine. 

On 3/13/2024 at 10:04 AM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Dusty May to michigan didn’t take long!!

7 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Michigan basketball NIL is a mess and the boosters focus on football. If Dusty does well, I  could see him being open to leaving for IU in the future. But Michigan isn’t a top job in the conference when they have academic issues for transfers and lack NIL funds for basketball. Tough job. Good luck to Dusty. 

Pretty sure that if he’s taking the UM job, UM has now committed to a competitive NIL program and transfer acceptance process.

13 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Michigan basketball NIL is a mess and the boosters focus on football. If Dusty does well, I  could see him being open to leaving for IU in the future. But Michigan isn’t a top job in the conference when they have academic issues for transfers and lack NIL funds for basketball. Tough job. Good luck to Dusty. 

My thoughts exactly. It's P5 but they don't make things easy for the basketball coach while still expecting results.

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Pretty sure that if he’s taking the UM job, UM has now committed to a competitive NIL program and transfer acceptance process.

Maybe the NIL. Acceptance process is what it is and isn’t changing. They haven’t changed it for football, they won’t change it for basketball. It’s been a sore spot for fans for years. 

I've no doubt Dusty's agent played them against each other and kudos to him for doing so.  Based on what I've read since earlier this afternoon, I believe Louisville truly thought they had a done deal with Dusty.  Bad poker players down in Hookerville.

4 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Louisville is the better job but who knows may never have been an option. Gotta take these leaks with a grain of salt until something is actually announced.

Michigan reporter tweeted out May chose Michigan over Louisville.