Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to return as coach next season

1 hour ago, cybergates said:

Honest question:

Does anyone know of a time when it had to be announced a coach was returning next season and that coach actually worked out and didn't eventually end up getting fired? 

Honest answer:

No

It’s very hard to support a program whose biggest priority isn’t winning. It feels like an abusive relationship at this point. 
That “Bruce Pearl wanted to come but Quinn refused” news is going to hit like a ton of bricks. 
I totally understand where you are coming from. I'm not happy either, but I told my kids the same thing my dad told me. I refuse to be hypocritical. I have faith, although it is waning, that the program will be turned around. Maybe it is all the Cub fan genes I got from my mom and her side of the family, I'm more tolerant. I am a Cardinal fan though.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I can't help but to wonder about the timing of this.  It seems weird to announce that he'll be back with games left in the season.

The thought that keeps hitting me is....this is to reassure a recruit's mind.  Or a player deciding to return or not's mind.  My guess is there will not be a mass exodus with the announcement of Woody's return.  My guess is Dolson talked to the team and maybe a recruit (or transfer candidate) or two and thinks there's a possibility of a good team next year if we reassure them that Woody will return.

Maybe Mgbako/Reneau/McNeely said they'll come back if Woody stays?  I'd have to think this is why there was an announcement today.  I can't come up with another reason, maybe you chuckleheads know of one?  Timing is just strange.

Now with the announcement of Woody returning, it'll be followed up with players announcing they're going to return to "win for Woody".  Don't fall for it!  The hype train just started it's engine.

I have no excitement about next year.  We already know that we aren't going to compete for the Big Ten title or make the Sweet 16.  Now I know how Pittsburgh Pirates fans feel.  

3 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

I don’t know why anyone is surprised. Been saying this since day 1 of this discussion, Woodson, brought in as the former player / the guy to right the ship after the failed Miller fiasco, wouldn’t be fired after 3 years 2 of which were tournament appearances— I mean that should have been clear.

He absolutely should be gone after next season and I’m as ticked off as anyone about what this does to recruiting and the program, but this was always a done deal

A done deal because the decision makers are a clown show when it comes to IUBB.

3 hours ago, iu eyedoc said:

Someone wake me up when IU basketball is worth a frick again. 

At least I can watch my sons Gators, Tod Golden has them trending.

That's going to be a very long nap, the administration just killed the program with this stupid decision.

12 minutes ago, tkbbn said:

Well they have saved me a bunch of money with this decision to keep CMW, no more tickets, traveling to games or apparel until they get serious as a program. 

You (and the rest of us) will be waiting forever for that to happen. 

3 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

What happened to the meeting on Tuesday?  Are these "sources" legit or is it some BS misdirection play?  

They will be discussing a raise and extension, probably have a cigar or two. And Mike Woodson wants the buyout payment terms updated.  

17 minutes ago, tkbbn said:

Well they have saved me a bunch of money with this decision to keep CMW, no more tickets, traveling to games or apparel until they get serious as a program. 

Exactly. Positivity my friend. The bank account will be happier. 

I use a percentage of my paycheck for trips to Bloomington and tickets/ apparel. With tonight's news, that $$ next year will be on tickets to see Leo Messi when Inter comes to Columbus. More value than sinking into the dysfunction. 

We should not support this garbage. Speak with the wallet.