Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Maryland - Sunday, 03.03.24 @ 2:00 on CBS-TV

8 minutes ago, lillurk said:

But with X healthy all year this is, what, a 7-10 seed?

Maaaayybe. Remember that efficiency stats-wise we really over performed in the W dept. X could’ve played and we could’ve had better efficiency stats but actually *more* losses. Who really knows. It also depends on what version of X you would get. Todays version seemed to help. Flagrant foul version  likely doesn’t.   

We are what we are.

3 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Maaaayybe. Remember that efficiency stats-wise we really over performed in the W dept. X could’ve played and we could’ve had better efficiency stats but actually *more* losses. Who really knows. It also depends on what version of X you would get. Todays version seemed to help. Flagrant foul version  likely doesn’t.   

We are what we are.

Also, Woodson has also left the ball In Galloway’s hands, and I think he’s a better facilitator and decision maker than X is

1 minute ago, fwgreenway said:

Winning is fun. It just is. "The only thing preventing enlightenment is searching for it."

I agree. Even though the “W” sent more than a few fans down a drain of depression I enjoyed the second half and am glad the guys fought so hard to come back and get the win. 

We have even bigger issues with our administration than we think if a single road win changes the overall direction they want to go with the program. I would hope that a single game doesn’t change the direction they were heading wether that direction was to fire Woody or keep him.

5 minutes ago, str8baller said:

We are what we are.

I tend to agree, for sure. Think he would’ve positively swung the Kansas game; maybe a fully healthy X is in a somewhat better headspace through the year and has his share of peccadillos but they’re outweighed by positive contributions. 

2 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

I agree. Even though the “W” sent more than a few fans down a drain of depression I enjoyed the second half and am glad the guys fought so hard to come back and get the win. 

We have even bigger issues with our administration than we think if a single road win changes the overall direction they want to go with the program. I would hope that a single game doesn’t change the direction they were heading wether that direction was to fire Woody or keep him.

The is very true, the problems are still there

1 minute ago, DChoosier said:

I would hope that a single game doesn’t change the direction they were heading wether that direction was to fire Woody or keep him.

It won't. All the one games over the entire season will.

That second half was by far the best we have played all year. It was good to see us actually shoot with some confidence and make shots at all levels. It shows if these guys play hard they have talent to compete. Yes Maryland isn't very good but to hit 13 shots in a row is good.

Just to show you had bad the big ten is that we are only two games back of 4th place. NW is 10-8 and and is in 4th. Almost impossible but a slim chance of us finishing 4th with a double bye.