Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Truthhurts

The Case for Josh Schertz

I would love to see him stay at ISU and show us one more year.  Can he continue to recruit and build that program?  Can he sustain success? 

I worry if he goes to another school he may have a little rebuild going on there which may limit his appeal if we go coach shopping next year.  If he stays at ISU, continues to be successful, then that would help answer some questions.

4 hours ago, 8bucks said:

I would love to see him stay at ISU and show us one more year.  Can he continue to recruit and build that program?  Can he sustain success? 

Unfortunately the athletic department is a Trainwreck right now.  There is no reason for him to stay and that pains me to stay as an alumnus.   Let him go to St Louis for at least a year and hope IUs search leads to him if you are into modern basketball that is.     I liked it better when Schertz was a secret that few knew about.  Cats out of the bag for the rest of the college basketball world to see 

4 hours ago, Home Jersey said:

I generally am a fan of coaches who have been successful at the D2 level. ISU is a fun team to watch. I will enjoy watching SLU next year and keeping an eye on Schertz. 

Assuming it does happen with Schertz, may be forced to hook up SLU season tickets next year. When SLU’s good they’re an insane value. Season tickets in the lower bowl to watch A-10 basketball started at $500. Schertz is worth that investment all day. 

11 minutes ago, Demo said:

Assuming it does happen with Schertz, may be forced to hook up SLU season tickets next year. When SLU’s good they’re an insane value. Season tickets in the lower bowl to watch A-10 basketball started at $500. Schertz is worth that investment all day. 

Top 10 in the country in threes attempted. Top 20 in percentage of baskets coming from assists. #1 in the nation in effective FG%. His style of play is certainly enjoyable to watch.

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

So why would he turn the Louisville job down? If he didn’t want to coach there, seems unlikely that he’d want to coach here either tbh. 

I think SLU is a much better situation than UL right now, tbh. It also sounds like he may have signed something with SLU (not an official contract) that would complicate a move to UL. 

Terre Haute news sports guy reported that Schertz turned down ~5/$15mil from Louisville (I think this is more complicated than he "turned it down") and ~7/$7mil from FAU to replace Dusty at his alma mater. Will decide between SLU and ISU after the NIT, aka either next Wednesday or Friday morning he'll be introduced at SLU.

6 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Terre Haute news sports guy reported that Schertz turned down ~5/$15mil from Louisville (I think this is more complicated than he "turned it down") and ~7/$7mil from FAU to replace Dusty at his alma mater. Will decide between SLU and ISU after the NIT, aka either next Wednesday or Friday morning he'll be introduced at SLU.

I hope he stays at ISU. We may not hire him (after next season), but if he goes to SLU I think it's a lot less likely that he'd be available after just one year. Money talks, but I think it would be easier to leave ISU after flirting with it this year as opposed to moving to a completely new location (SLU) then turning around and moving again to another (Bloomington).

Indiana State needs to come up with a couple $million 

Basketball salary needs to lead the way….New administration needs to revamp the baseball salary as well….and in the near future all sports to a lesser degree.

3 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Turning down $3mil a year at UL is hard to believe.