Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson

Just now, cleeter said:

I would like to hope not. I would say that feelers by Dolson have already been put out this season will have information that could be carried into next year on how people see us. I would also say that Dolson would/could be putting out feelers behind the scenes all season long if it goes haywire or looks bleak. Seems like the plan is to move on next season barring a crazy run. Again, all hypotheticals and my guesses. 

If Dolson is not doing that yet, then he's just not doing his job. 

2 minutes ago, ib4iu said:

I’m the Josh Schertz hype man. And if he and the core stick st ISU one more year and have a deep run we go after him and bring Conwell and Avila for their senior seasons. 

If the Hautians are to be believed (dangerous game there!) Schertz has signed some sort of agreement with SLU, but not an employment contract. I've heard buyout numbers floated (and I'm not a contract lawyer so I don't know if it's even realistic to have a buyout on a MOU) and the numbers are large. All that to say, Schertz will almost certainly not be at ISU next season.

9 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

I admittedly know very little about Kelsey but he is only 48, has been a HC for 12 years and has won his conference an impressive six of the twelve years (also has  2 seconds and 2 thirds). 

He's a really good coach.  The two questions are can he recruit ACC level players and can he withstand the Louisville pressure cooker?  

5 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Agreed, so that is in my hope that if/when we relieve Mike of his duties next season, that we would already have a plan in place. But i feel like that is almost asking too much

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

He played 34 minutes against NW when 5 players were suspended for curfew and we lost. 

Yea I don't want him playing 30+. We are 0-2 when he does. That game against NW, which we were close somehow and against Wisconsin his freshman year I believe he played 45.

26 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Did I miss what great amazing thing happened that tyme is referring to? Did we land a explosive player that I missed?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

We got Tucker on campus which is a good get but he will take some time to get used to playing CBB just like Mgbako. Several guys who entered the portal have some IU ties but their not difference-makers. I mean was yesterday better than the day before yes. But it's still the same guy coaching the same old out dated offense. 

48 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I wanted to check Tyme out on twitter because I have never seen him before. I'm blocked. Not sure how I'm blocked from someone I've never even seen on there before. It has to be NGW. I love it Woodson is playing chess while all the other coaches are playing checkers. 

Woodson in Chess - 1.f3

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

If the Hautians are to be believed (dangerous game there!) Schertz has signed some sort of agreement with SLU, but not an employment contract. I've heard buyout numbers floated (and I'm not a contract lawyer so I don't know if it's even realistic to have a buyout on a MOU) and the numbers are large. All that to say, Schertz will almost certainly not be at ISU next season.

That could be the case, but I still think if he were getting calls or some interest from Louisville as rumored, if that core can stay together he’d be better served to stick at ISU one more year than move on to SLU. SLU has had some big name coaches in the last 25 years and outside of like 2-3 seasons they’ve not been anything but have been one of the highest paying A10 jobs. No coach has been able to have sustained success there. Seems kind of like an Iowa or Minnesota type of gig in the A10. 

#SchertztoIU2025

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Yes, if he had played the magical 20 instead of 18 against Purdue, we would have won instead of getting 20 pieced. 

Well no, but maybe if he had been playing a more consistent 15-20 all season? Instead of trying to force feed Gunn and Banks. Think maybe we would have been even just a bit better off as a team?

22 minutes ago, JF87 said:

Chris has a stalker.  Chris- Don't go straight home after work. Drive around in circles so you can shake any car tailing you.  

I'm sure BTB is sending their best security to help me get home. I  did notice a funny-looking guy staring at me on my way back from lunch. 

11 minutes ago, DLG3 said:

Serious question…do you guys think if this coming season goes south that the next IU head coaching search will be as embarrassing as Louisville’s? Kelsey may turn out great, I don’t know. But the optics on the whole thing have been brutal for them. We all just want to think that anyone (Pearl, etc) would leave for the IU job, but my confidence in that gets lower by the day and by each failed season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The process that led to hiring Woody is more embarrassing than what UL did. They got into a bidding war for the hottest young candidate and lost, settling on another young, promising candidate. That’s life on the open market and not that embarrassing, except to maybe their alumni who convinced themselves they had Drew and that May was a fallback option.  

Some people around here have Quinn Buckner-Archie Miller brain, where they convinced themselves Dusty May wasn’t the biggest name available and that he was only popular here because he was a former manager. May had as good of a mid-major profile for a guy ready to make a big time jump as I can remember in at least a couple years. Again, that doesn’t mean he’s a sure thing, but every bug school with an opening would have had him at least on their shortlist. And Lville lost a bidding war versus another P5 school for him.  

With that said, Kelsey has a pretty good resume too. He might be a great coach there. Or maybe not. From the outside looking in it is a completely defensible hire.  

(so “yes” I fully expect IUs next hiring process to be more embarrassing)

30 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Yes, well I assume he’s talking about you. He tweets about “60 year old guys working in ____ telling you they have inside info from the athletic department” and “message board guys from campus who feed Trilly info that everyone believes.” Also says that it’s “the same guys” who “cooked up” the Brad Stevens store. He has 1,900 posts so there are probably more, but that’s just from the past few days. 

I'm really upset. I mean I'm bald and look older but no way I look 60. I'm still in my 40's NGW

20 minutes ago, ib4iu said:

I’m the Josh Schertz hype man. And if he and the core stick st ISU one more year and have a deep run we go after him and bring Conwell and Avila for their senior seasons. 

I think he signed something with SLU. So he might have to go there for a year. 

19 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Not doing your job will get you a million dollar raise at IU

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm really upset. I mean I'm bald and look older but no way I look 60. I'm still in my 40's NGW

I'd speculate Tyme is Woodson's burner, but that would require Woody to (1) use technology (2) take a break from Wine-down-Wednesday. It's also not written in the third person so there's no way it's him.

1 minute ago, iu-dl said:

I'd speculate Tyme is Woodson's burner, but that would require Woody to (1) use technology (2) take a break from Wine-down-Wednesday. It's also not written in the third person so there's no way it's him.

We've figured out it's NGW

3 minutes ago, iu-dl said:

Tyme/NGW has to be someone personally invested in Woodson’s success at IU. Who else would be that passionate at this point?

Though the Luke Brown poster was strangely unaffiliated, so anything is possible. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Tyme/NGW has to be someone personally invested in Woodson’s success at IU. Who else would be that passionate at this point?

Though the Luke Brown poster was strangely unaffiliated, so anything is possible. 

I thought when he was here that NGW was hired by Woodson, his agent, or someone invested in Woodson being IU's coach to go on message boards and social media to talk him up. I still haven't  changed my mind on that.