Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

7 minutes ago, bigrod said:

I hate seeing this. I hate even more that you nailed my feelings on the nose. Except for contempt for the administration, I really feel very little towards IU basketball these days.

I haven't reached the apathy stage with IU basketball yet, but I know IU alums and fans that have.  I'm still in the anger phase.  The wealthy Woodson supporters may buy him a tournament team for next year, but I know that we will underperform no matter what talent is on the roster.  My days of enjoying and being proud of IU basketball are most likely on hold until a new coach is hired.  

12 minutes ago, cleeter said:

I know @AZ Hoosier wouldnt approve, but would anyone on here be okay with looking at Bryce Drew next year?
I personally would hope we would make a bigger more proven hire, but I do wonder if there is a time where we wouldn't be able to pull a proven guy from their current position. 

The guy that went 0-18 in the SEC & got fired from Vanderbilt?

11 minutes ago, JF87 said:

I haven't reached the apathy stage with IU basketball yet, but I know IU alums and fans that have.  I'm still in the anger phase.  The wealthy Woodson supporters may buy him a tournament team for next year, but I know that we will underperform no matter what talent is on the roster.  My days of enjoying and being proud of IU basketball are most likely on hold until a new coach is hired.  

I’ve reached the stage where I hate watch. I made it to one game in Bloomington. It was for NW. Seeing the pathetic lack of movement in person on offense was even grosser than on tv. No one moves. It’s disgusting. 

on another note. Many believe or are high on Oats. He’s never made it past a S16. I get we can’t be choosers where we are and will end up being beggars but that guy isn’t without flaws. Especially the way he handled the B Miller stuff. I’d rather have someone with other checkered past than that. 

5 minutes ago, Jet812 said:

The guy that went 0-18 in the SEC & got fired from Vanderbilt?

I said i wouldn't want him, but we might be getting to the point where that might be the best we can do. Some young whippersnapper, who has done well at a smaller school where we hope we can hit a home run with. 

10 minutes ago, cleeter said:

I said i wouldn't want him, but we might be getting to the point where that might be the best we can do. Some young whippersnapper, who has done well at a smaller school where we hope we can hit a home run with. 

Hell no. Bryce Drew is not the best we can do. We can very much avoid a coach that was an unmitigated failure at his P5 opportunity.

Holloway (if he wants to leave the Seton Hall? hell yes), Kelsey, Schertz (as good as any, but more in our eyes because of proximity), Mark Byington, Bucky McMillan (that guy really intrigues me as an on-court coach and motivator).

34 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I'd love to have a Oats/Pearl/Hurley type of a coach as regarding coaching energy.  I don't know who fits that billing out there but I enjoy that type of competitiveness. You would think that energy would make it hard to recruit but that doesn't seem to be problem for those guys.  

Anyway, Monday thoughts.

I know a guy.

CREANN.0.gif

40 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I'd love to have a Oats/Pearl/Hurley type of a coach as regarding coaching energy.  I don't know who fits that billing out there but I enjoy that type of competitiveness. You would think that energy would make it hard to recruit but that doesn't seem to be problem for those guys.  

Anyway, Monday thoughts.

So often a team's identity is directly reflective of a coach's personality/energy. For better (Oats, Pearl, Hurley) or for worse (Woodson).

52 minutes ago, cleeter said:

Next spring there will be another shiny bauble.

13 hours ago, HoosierTrav said:

That’s fine you feel that way.  I post here bc I’ve done so for a decade and it’s become a habit. Also I really enjoy the banter with other posters. Normally I’d be engaged in recruiting. I can’t tell you who or how many portal prospects we are in on. Simply don’t care. Recruiting? No idea what’s going on other than last time I checked we had 0 kids signed to the class where we needed guys. in the past I always had sneaking suspicions that the administration was inept but held out hope that they just had a string of bad luck. After this season, it’s been completely exposed that the program is not only inept, but corrupt and enriching themselves and friends. I resent them for it. Enough to have committed to withdrawing support in every possible way. I’m not interested in being an IU fan anymore. It doesn’t even hurt to say that anymore. 

Shamfully, I admit that I’m now starting to get feelings of satisfaction watching the program burn. Mainly bc I want the people who run it to face public shame and embarrassment. They deserve it. They certainly don’t deserve the unconditional support of the fanbase. 

Sad, but absolutely spot on. Burn, baby, burn. Let that pile of ash be Woodson's legacy, because, well, he did his job.

38 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I wish we could get him on the bench somewhere. He'd make a hell of an offensive minded assistant. And looking at the assistants we have now... Well just about anything is an upgrade it seems. Especially developmentally.

Crean as Offensive coordinator....Beilein's Defensive guy Donlon as Defensive Coordinator.  Woody and Armond head of napping.

1 hour ago, cleeter said:

I know @AZ Hoosier wouldnt approve, but would anyone on here be okay with looking at Bryce Drew next year?
I personally would hope we would make a bigger more proven hire, but I do wonder if there is a time where we wouldn't be able to pull a proven guy from their current position. 

I actually like that move. I've seen BDrew in action for the past couple of years, and truly believe that he's gonna be a really good one, and soon. Was listening to local sports talk this morning and the topic of someone poaching BDrew soon came up. I hope he lasts here (GCU) another year, mainly because Foster-Grant and McGlothan are gone. I'd like to see how BDrew rebuilds, but somebody's going to give him a shot.

I'm also a bit interested in what happened at Vandy... need to do some research there.

23 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Next spring there will be another shiny bauble.

Yes, but will that shiny bauble have connections to Indiana high school coaches and Indiana AAU programs?  Possibly, but that was part of the allure of Dusty that too many want to gloss over.