Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

15 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Hence my last paragraph where I wrote:

“It sounds stupid because we’re IU.”  

But Indiana being inept won’t prevent the college athletics landscape from continuing to change dramatically. 

To me it sounds stupid because it is stupid. No matter what the college basketball landscape looks like, I don't see Danny Hurley leaving UCONN for Indiana EVER. The IU administration would never do it. And I don't see Hurley doing it, even if IU backed the Brinks truck up to his doorstep.

Musselman went 16-17 this season. He's had success but it's not like Giannis and Steph coached by Spoelstra are joining the party.

But he’s demonstrated a fair amount of success with a big NIL budget. USC are big spenders. Enough to lure best players in a class. This seasons team had internal strife.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

But he’s demonstrated a fair amount of success with a big NIL budget. USC are big spenders. Enough to lure best players in a class. This seasons team had internal strife.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Nice way of putting it if the rumors were true.  :)

37 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Musselman went 16-17 this season. He's had success but it's not like Giannis and Steph coached by Spoelstra are joining the party.

2 elite 8s and another sweet 16 in 5 years at Arkansas. Won 76% of his games at Nevada. 

Would’ve loved to have been able to get him. Instead with stuck with Mediocre Mike! 

3 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

To me it sounds stupid because it is stupid. No matter what the college basketball landscape looks like, I don't see Danny Hurley leaving UCONN for Indiana EVER.

I think you agree with everyone,  hence the discussion about him leaving for Kentucky.  

IU hasn't even committed to firing Woodson after next year,  so the likelihood we have a concrete plan in place is low.

33 minutes ago, str8baller said:

I think you agree with everyone,  hence the discussion about him leaving for Kentucky.  

IU hasn't even committed to firing Woodson after next year,  so the likelihood we have a concrete plan in place is low.

One question I’ve heard the staff is getting a lot is Will Woodson even be the coach after next season? 

9 minutes ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

Which is EXACTLY why we needed to send him packing NOW.

It’d be different if Woodson was some kind of NBA horse whisperer that was developing guys straight to the league and winning championships. But he’s not - his first two years he made the tournament because of having TJD on the roster; this year he missed the dance altogether despite multiple 5 stars.

Now we’re stuck between a rock and a hard place. Guy is 66 years old, plays an offense nearly as old. And now we’re handicapping him with questions about whether he’ll be around and there’s no way in hell you want to extend him.

IU administration once again has f¥{£Ed this basketball team/program.

That's also why Dolson needs to release a statement in support of Woodson since he's not getting fired this year.  The "leaked" info that he's back does nothing to settle talks that he's a lame duck coach. Instead, we get crickets.

12 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

That's also why Dolson needs to release a statement in support of Woodson since he's not getting fired this year.  The "leaked" info that he's back does nothing to settle talks that he's a lame duck coach. Instead, we get crickets.

Don’t want to acknowledge that there is even an issue.  Can’t legitimize the untrue fan sentiment 

57 minutes ago, hoopsta007 said:

Don’t want to acknowledge that there is even an issue.  Can’t legitimize the untrue fan sentiment 

Huge mistake since it's no secret. He's only making it that much harder to field a good team next year. Maybe that's his goal. But I didn't think so for 2 reasons:

1) that would imply planning on Dolson's party which he hasn't shown an ability for

2) instead of helping him fail, the better option is to just fire Woodson

Burying his head in the sand and trying to pretend there isn't a problem won't make everyone forget how bad last year was. That strategy is part of the reason I want Dolson fired, too. 

2 minutes ago, Herotime said:

Any chance we fire Woody this week and hire Schertz away from ISU or St Louis?

I was just thinking the same thing.  There is still time.  He brings a couple of his dudes to fill out the roster.    Picks up a couple of portal players.  And starts building a foundation with next year's high schoolers.  

I'll put the bottle down now.  :)  

16 minutes ago, Herotime said:

Any chance we fire Woody this week and hire Schertz away from ISU or St Louis? He’s not my 1st, 2nd, or 3rd option but he’s an instant upgrade….. sad

Unfortunately I think the commitment from Tucker all but seals our fate.  Leave it to IU to make it where signing an All American could set the program back for years.

37 minutes ago, hoopsta007 said:

Unfortunately I think the commitment from Tucker all but seals our fate.  Leave it to IU to make it where signing an All American could set the program back for years.

He can still have his cash