Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

You mean more than just NGW? I thought he was pretty much alone on that island.

Oh no at least not right now. They keep coming popping up on my feed. One that came up recenly is in charge of the mike woodson facebook fan club per his profile. They love him but they all appear to be younger guys.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

There are people on Twitter who think Woodson is the greatest thing since sliced bread. If you dare question their narrative the name calling starts. It's really something.

Yes, it's fascinating. It's as if they haven't watched the same teams that we have the last 3 years. 

5 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

There are people on Twitter who think (fill in the blank) is the greatest thing since slice bread. If you dare question their narrative the name calling starts.   That’s the cesspool that is social media 

... and that's why it is far more interesting to question and opine about substance and objective information than about whether some random people on social media or a message boards are sane or crazy.

There are people on Twitter who think (fill in the blank) is the greatest thing since slice bread. If you dare question their narrative the name calling starts.   That’s the cesspool that is social media 
Yes it is. Twitter is a different world.

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

Oh no at least not right now. They keep coming popping up on my feed. One that came up recenly is in charge of the mike woodson facebook fan club per his profile. They love him but they all appear to be younger guys.

Woody is still strong on fb . Bunch of jidhaist and very touchy . Ready to suicide vest any discord off their page . 

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

It's getting to the point where I don't know who the bigger joke is Woodson or Dolson. 

Woodson for someone whose job is on the line and is doing nothing different than he has before. We are the best team in the country at getting visits. But here we are final four weekend and not a single commit besides an HS kid. He's not changing the offense, not changing how he recruits. Yes, we might still get a decent roster by the summer but he will still be the one to coach them.

Dolson to sit back and think we're going to find gold by just throwing more money at the problem. We don't recruit the state, we don't contend for BT championships, and we have to fight to make the tourney every season, usually only qualifying for the NIT. He has let the program we love just go down the drain and has done nothing to fix it. Woodson said I'm not going anywhere and Dolson hid in the corner and cried. Sad state of affairs.

My ramble for the day

Geez -- this makes me depressed. LOL! 

I can't say I've read all your posts, but I don't rememeber you ever taking Dolson to task in such a harsh way. 

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

It's getting to the point where I don't know who the bigger joke is Woodson or Dolson. 

Woodson for someone whose job is on the line and is doing nothing different than he has before. We are the best team in the country at getting visits. But here we are final four weekend and not a single commit besides an HS kid. He's not changing the offense, not changing how he recruits. Yes, we might still get a decent roster by the summer but he will still be the one to coach them.

Dolson to sit back and think we're going to find gold by just throwing more money at the problem. We don't recruit the state, we don't contend for BT championships, and we have to fight to make the tourney every season, usually only qualifying for the NIT. He has let the program we love just go down the drain and has done nothing to fix it. Woodson said I'm not going anywhere and Dolson hid in the corner and cried. Sad state of affairs.

My ramble for the day

And yet it’s hard to do anything when your bosses won’t let you. Or won’t sign off on who you want to get. 

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

Geez -- this makes me depressed. LOL! 

I can't say I've read all your posts, but I don't rememeber you ever taking Dolson to task in such a severe manner. 

I haven't but I'm just disappointed. The people who supposedly love this program and letting it go in the crapper. I know it's been there for a while but do something about it. The easy choice was bringing Woodson back. 

2 minutes ago, Feathery said:

And yet it’s hard to do anything when your bosses won’t let you. Or won’t sign off on who you want to get. 

There are always ways around that. If he wanted to make a change he could have. He tried to play both sides and then did nothing. Now he can sit behind my hands were tied. 

My ramble for the day
But is his job really on the line? I mean all the talk was there would be staff changes, a gm hired, offense would have to change, dolson as going lay down big expectations this offseason, etc. Maybe some of this will happen but everything seems status quote so far. Makes me think maybe his job really isn't on the line and no real talks happened between them.

1 minute ago, Hornsby said:

But is his job really on the line? I mean all the talk was there would be staff changes, a gm hired, offense would have to change, dolson as going lay down big expectations this offseason, etc. Maybe some of this will happen but everything seems status quote so far. Makes me think maybe his job really isn't on the line and no real talks happened between them.

His job is on the line by having another season like he just had he will be fired whether he and Dolson talked about it or not. I'm told they did. I think his ego is just so big that if he gets the right players he will be right back going 12-8 in the league. Which to him is an amazing job. 

20 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

There are always ways around that. If he wanted to make a change he could have. He tried to play both sides and then did nothing. Now he can sit behind my hands were tied. 

There have been times in my career where I’ve been told I can make whatever changes I seem necessary but at the same time told the path the c-suite wanted me to take. It’s in those moments you are not really given the freedom to make a change. He would be making the change without the support of his superiors which is setting himself and the new hire up for failure. He may not have had the NIL available if there was a change too. Since the Simons/Cooks etc are backing Woody. Making a change just sets the program back further. But if they all agreed 1 more year and then Woody can retire or they would support a change, then his hands are literally tied to wait a year and then make a move for the best of the program. He maintains support above him, sets the new guy up for success, NIL funds remain available, etc.. Honestly, who care if it means missing on Dusty May, there are other quality coaches to be had. Go get one next year. 

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

Yeah, I see more of them popping up on my twitter feed too. They do seem like younger guys, obviously with different expectations... I try not to engage anymore, leads to nothing except outrage which is just playing into the platform's formula to drive engagement. @BleedCubbieBlue may have some interesting insight about how that all works (or did during his time there... go figure he leaves and the whole company goes to ****!)

1 minute ago, Home Jersey said:

Yeah, I see more of them popping up on my twitter feed too. They do seem like younger guys, obviously with different expectations... I try not to engage anymore, leads to nothing except outrage which is just playing into the platform's formula to drive engagement. @BleedCubbieBlue may have some interesting insight about how that all works (or did during his time there... go figure he leaves and the whole company goes to ****!)

I thought they were paid bots from Woodson and the IU staff.

2 hours ago, Hornsby said:

There are people on Twitter who think Woodson is the greatest thing since sliced bread. If you dare question their narrative the name calling starts. It's really something.

Like Twitter isn't full of idiots. Tyme comes to mind here.