Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

8 minutes ago, HoosierHuddle said:

I understand that Scott Dolson may or may not have final say on whether Woodson stays. I know there are forces at play that extend beyond his authority to control. Money talks and I know that. Yet (and I might be too critical here, point taken if so), I am incredibly underwhelmed at the complete lack of visible leadership shown by the athletic director at the flagship university for the state of Indiana. By my count, Scott Dolson has answered questions for the media in a public setting exactly one time since December of 2022. That occurred at Curt Cignetti's introductory press conference. 

I know his hands will be tied by what he can or cannot say but nonetheless, I think it is ineffectual leadership and the complete lack of public answering to the fans about anything related to IU athletics from the athletic director is very poor. He may be a patsy in all of this but I don't think he's doing much of anything to help the situation.

We should fire Dolson but that's another thread. Dolson should fire Woodson soon but won't 

2 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

No matter what happens, or how bad it gets, there is no way (zero chance) the fan base will be permanently fractured if someone comes in at some point and starts winning in a big way.

A Final Four etc would bring back the “Ill never watch or support IU again” crowd.

i am not sure the fanbase is as fractured as some say.  I think True Fan or Not you can have an option and be critical of what you are watching and still love IU.  I am critical of my kids when they do things but it never means I am not a true parent or that i don't love them. The notion that you not a true fan if you don't just support what you see is all BS to me. 

I'm a little surprised no official news of portal entries has dropped yet.

My guess is there is a calculated effort for the timing of news being released to coincide with the tipoff of March Madness Thursday, so anything just goes largely unnoticed.

That, and of course things simply need time to shake out. 

45 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I noticed almost every player so far has tweeted that out and said Grateful.

It's like they got a text saying it was being sent out and you better acknowledge it. Bend down and kiss the ring

I would be thankful for the six figure payoffs....

Judging by the tweets I have seen so far sounds like Woodson has shown interest in almost every single guy in the portal. Maybe if he throws out 32 offers like in the fall he may catch one or two this time.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

I'm a little surprised no official news of portal entries has dropped yet.

My guess is there is a calculated effort for the timing of news being released to coincide with the tipoff of March Madness Thursday, so anything just goes largely unnoticed.

That, and of course things simply need time to shake out. 

We must give them time to can Woody then evaluate whether the player wants to stay.  

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Which is why if you read my post you would see that I said I would never donate to NIL and included saying it was a rip off to me personally.

If other people want to throw their money away, whatever.  However, I find it pretty stupid to be kicking more cash to basically university employees at this point when the company that "hires" the "employees" rakes in millions of dollars each year in selling their product already.  To me it is the same as that stupid @$$ "tip" that has shown up on so many counter service restaurants these days.  The initial purchase of the food was supposed to cover you making it and handing it to me after I go fill my own drink....

I suppose you could look at NIL as a tip, but I sure as **** would not consider anything out of this program tip worthy in a long time.

As a normal person I wouldn’t give either. But say all $6 million in NIL comes from the richest person in Indiana, who has a $6 billion net worth. That’s the same as someone with $100,000 net worth giving $100 to NIL. I know people who spend more than $100 on Girl Scout cookies, because well….thin mints are good. Lol

26 minutes ago, RoncalliHoosier said:

Any more on Cupps staying/going? There was some talk as the season was winding down that he was going to the portal, but haven't heard anything since.

waiting to see if the news i got stays true or if there has been a change of heart.  sometimes frustrations led to things being said that get revisited.  I'm genuinely curious. 

3 minutes ago, Feathery said:

As a normal person I wouldn’t give either. But say all $6 million in NIL comes from the richest person in Indiana, who has a $6 billion net worth. That’s the same as someone with $100,000 net worth giving $100 to NIL. I know people who spend more than $100 on Girl Scout cookies, because well….thin mints are good. Lol

Hahaha that is chump change for that cookie pyramid scheme! I owe my 6yo dealer, who lives in my house and my wife leads, for 2 cases of cookies. They got me bad this year and are trying to pry some more money out of me now!

We must give them time to can Woody then evaluate whether the player wants to stay.  
When Woodson decides who can leave we will hear. Mike Wodson determines who transfers and nobody else.

2 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

When Woodson decides who can leave we will hear. Mike Wodson determines who transfers and nobody else.

I know but I like my way better. 

1 hour ago, reconmkd said:

Wish I could send one of mine, but not this year. Their other school activities have really hit the bank account hard this year. 

8 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

Hahaha that is chump change for that cookie pyramid scheme! I owe my 6yo dealer, who lives in my house and my wife leads, for 2 cases of cookies. They got me bad this year and are trying to pry some more money out of me now!

The truth comes out!

13 minutes ago, Feathery said:

The troop leader, wife, just read your message and wanted to remind you that there is free shipping currently available through their council, if you order by tomorrow. LOL. Just let me know!

13 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Yeah, I know.  If they want to blow their money who are we to question.  I guess I am glad that someone is willing to do it because it is about the only way we are going to stay competitive, but damn if it isn't about the stupidest system out there.  I get real NIL where you pay a dude to promote your product or whatever but stuff like Hoosier Connect...no way.

18 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Judging by the tweets I have seen so far sounds like Woodson has shown interest in almost every single guy in the portal. Maybe if he throws out 32 offers like in the fall he may catch one or two this time.

Ahh yes, as my friend in Little Rock calls it, Pulling a Mussleman. 

18 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Well last time we focused on 5 guys and got 1 impact player (Ware)....so maybe casting a wider net wouldn't be a bad thing.

20 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

So the ole Tom Crean shotgun approach it is.