Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, iu eyedoc said:

So, if we forget MM first half of last season, Rice's second half of last season, and Carlyle on ball shooting % and this staffs history of bad 3 pt shooting...

A true freshman struggling to adjust to the speed of the college game didn't shoot lights out right out of the gate? Nope, never heard of that happening before lol. The horror!!!!

4 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

This has been discussed 100 times over. Rice was shooting 36% until an 0-22 slump the last 6 games of the season plummeted his average...call it a "freshman wall". Carlyle shot over 40% from 3 playing off the ball, a role he will primarily play here at Indiana. But glad you know how to read a box score. 

Lol ok so we're going to pick and choose stats to make someone a better player than they actually are.

Whatever. I hope you're right and they shoot lights out.

10 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

This has been discussed 100 times over. Rice was shooting 36% until an 0-22 slump the last 6 games of the season plummeted his average...call it a "freshman wall". Carlyle shot over 40% from 3 playing off the ball, a role he will primarily play here at Indiana. But glad you know how to read a box score.

15 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

38% on volume for a true freshman in a 20 game conference slate isn't good? You're an idiot!

image.thumb.png.6bea40ea91efbd05e7b16be6dafa4c19.png

Everything okay today, buddy? 

Just now, AKHoosier said:

Lol ok so we're going to pick and choose stats to make someone a better player than they actually are.

I'm telling you that not a single team in America is going to sag off Myles Rice this season because of a box score. And if they do, they'll pay dearly. 

2 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

I consider a 30 game sample size a much more appropriate measure than a 5 game sample set that included a massive slump to end the year for a first year player coming off radiation therapy. But you do you. Keeping receipts and taking names. March will be fun, too bad you won't be watching...but I'll be sure to be here to give you the recap. 

IMG_0859.gif.b2ab8c974b955a2ae37857816a3ef993.gif

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

“He’s a good shooter if you take out his 0-22 stretch during the most important part of the season” is a helluva take.

Taking the coaching out of it, I would say that he is probably a streaky shooter and that if put into the right type of system that there is something to work with there.  He isn't a drop dead shooter but he is someone that other teams should have to guard.  If they sag off of him to stop the drive, he has shown ability to make teams pay for that.  If he can shoot around 35% (with volume) that should be good enough.

Now I know that completely overlooks the elephant in the room....I just don't want to buy into the narrative that this isn't a good roster.  It is.  There is no excuse for the staff not to excel with the roster they built.  There is talent.  They can't complain about the new faces because this is how they want to build their roster.

We should expect a Top 20 team all year at worst.

2 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

It’s ironic that he accuses others of pushing narratives when he’s all over the place with which games’ stats should count and which shouldn’t. For Mgbako, apparently only his 20 regular season games count. For Rice, his 0-22 stretch doesn’t count. Also the stats from his full conference season don’t count because he shot 24.6% from 3 during those games. 

1 minute ago, AH1971 said:

A true freshman struggling to adjust to the speed of the college game didn't shoot lights out right out of the gate? Nope, never heard of that happening before lol. The horror!!!!

So which is it struggling out of the gate or freshman wall? or do you choose whichever fits your nara...

Looking forward to your new book:

Encyclopedia Browns Case of the Player Selective Vanishing Stats

3 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Taking the coaching out of it, I would say that he is probably a streaky shooter and that if put into the right type of system that there is something to work with there.  He isn't a drop dead shooter but he is someone that other teams should have to guard.  If they sag off of him to stop the drive, he has shown ability to make teams pay for that.  If he can shoot around 35% (with volume) that should be good enough.

Now I know that completely overlooks the elephant in the room....I just don't want to buy into the narrative that this isn't a good roster.  It is.  There is no excuse for the staff not to excel with the roster they built.  There is talent.  They can't complain about the new faces because this is how they want to build their roster.

We should expect a Top 20 team all year at worst.

It’s a good roster on paper. We’ll find out soon whether it’s a good roster on the court. Unfortunately, we’ll never know how good it truly could be because of the staff on the bench. 

“He’s a good shooter if you take out his 0-22 stretch during the most important part of the season” is a helluva take.
This is the easiest preseason schedule we have seen in a very long time. If Woodson cannot win 25 games this year it will never happen.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

It’s ironic that he accuses others of pushing narratives when he’s all over the place with which games’ stats should count and which shouldn’t. For Mgbako, apparently only his 20 regular season games count. For Rice, his 0-22 stretch doesn’t count. Also the stats from his full conference season don’t count because he shot 24.6% from 3 during those games. 

If you take out all of Rice's missed 3 pt attempts, he shot 100% last season. I mean if we're cherry picking which shots count, why not?