Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Just now, Home Jersey said:

Why keep a prick around if he can't win anything worth a damn? 

Right. That's why were going to have the 24-25 season. 

this isn't some ahhh haa moment lol 

This is two guys crying that have a platform. 

2 minutes ago, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

Right. That's why were going to have the 24-25 season. 

this isn't some ahhh haa moment lol 

This is two guys crying that have a platform. 

That's why we're going to have next year! Lol. 

I never call people it, but you certainly are true to username. I appreciate it. Go Hoosiers

EDIT: For clarity, you can't offer up something that hasn't happened yet as proof that he doesn't suck. Lmao dude.

5 minutes ago, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

Bottom line--- posters in this thread shut up if we win. It's that shallow for them, which is fine, but I cannot find a way to care that "Woodson is arrogant" "Woodson has said mean things"... nope. Yawn. Do not care. 

Win games. This is a nothing burger.

It will quickly pivot to "well he had a $6 million dollar roster"

Face it, the majority of the Fire Woodson Brigade fell for the idea that he was getting fired at the end of the year and replaced with Bruce Pearl (who admittedly would have been an upgrade) and can't let it go. Mob mentality will always rule. 

It will quickly pivot to "well he had a $6 million dollar roster"

Face it, the majority of the Fire Woodson Brigade fell for the idea that he was getting fired at the end of the year and replaced with Bruce Pearl (who admittedly would have been an upgrade) and can't let it go. Mob mentality will always rule. 

TBH, Minnie Pearl would be an upgrade.

21 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

That's why we're going to have next year! Lol. 

I never call people it, but you certainly are true to username. I appreciate it. Go Hoosiers

EDIT: For clarity, you can't offer up something that hasn't happened yet as proof that he doesn't suck. Lmao dude.

I didn't say he didn't suck. I apologize for being able to swift through two complete dorks whining about having their access revoked. 

I said-- he's going to get the 24/25 season. Duh

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

If I didn’t already feel this way before, I absolutely feel this way now. Mike Woodson is not someone I have any interest at all in rooting for. Thank god he’s nearing retirement age. 

At least he wasn't given an extension when he received the raise for just making it into the tournament and winning 1 whole game there with TJD and JHS. If it's true that Dolson had his hands tied (which I kind of doubt), he should still have the power to not extend Woodson so we're looking at 3 or less years remaining with him as the coach.

Hey all ... here's some good news!

Message boards contain a tiny percentage of the most engaged, vociferous fans. The average 'dedicated' IU fan doesn't care about (and probably hasn't even heard of):

• The Hoosier Hysterics
  • FanFest or the golf tournament
  • The $7,000 for-profit fantasy camp for 50 people

What do they care about? 

1. WINS
  2. WINS
  3. WINS
  4. no national embarrassments for the program, i.e. arrests or mass defections of players and coaches

So the attributes of a good coach these days?

• Roster building
  • NIL building
  • X's and O's
  • Preventing embarrassment

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Hey all ... here's some good news!

Message boards contain a tiny percentage of the most engaged, vociferous fans. The average 'dedicated' IU fan doesn't care about (and probably hasn't even heard of):

• The Hoosier Hysterics
  • FanFest or the golf tournament
  • The $7,000 for-profit fantasy camp for 50 people

What do they care about? 

1. WINS
  2. WINS
  3. WINS
  4. no national embarrassments for the program, i.e. arrests or mass defections of players and coaches

So the attributes of a good coach these days?

• Roster building
  • NIL building
  • X's and O's
  • Preventing embarrassment

You know who cares about the top 3 things? The average player because that takes away some of their NIL. But Woody doesn't care about that.