Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

57 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

These guys no longer have a platform worth listening too without access to the men's program. I'll give it a year, maybe two before their brand (finally) goes quietly into the night. 

I could be wrong, but I don't see Cignetti giving much/any access to football either. Talk about oil and water.

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Another take from listening to the HH podcast:

For the love of G_d Woody...If you're going to eliminate access or disassociate someone from part of the program? Don't call a loud-mouth media source into your building and 'let them have it.' Because that will only prompt that podcaster to release a one hour, 22 minute podcast that eviscerates you and doesn't allow you to respond. 

Instead? Just pull their access and inform them that IUBB is going in a different direction for sponsorship of the fanfest and fantasy camp. Simple, clean, easy, and without repercussions. If they ask why? "We've decided we're going in a different direction." 

The Kelley School is 500 yards from Cook Hall. Could Woody and Dolson have at least had the foresight to consult with a B School prof on best management techniques during an employee crisis?

Good point

So does coach Woodson and IU men’s basketball accept an NIT bid in early spring 2025? 

Then, for 2025-2026 a couple more additional million NIL $$$ for men’s basketball and another million $$$ raise for the men’s basketball coach for measured improvement.  Hahaha.

2 minutes ago, TTT said:

So does coach Woodson and IU men’s basketball accept an NIT bid in early spring 2025? 

Then, for 2025-2026 a couple more additional million NIL $$$ for men’s basketball and another million $$$ raise for the men’s basketball coach for measured improvement.  Hahaha.

Not Funny Eye Roll GIF - Not Funny Eye Roll Laughing GIFs

7 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I think everything I said about Woodson and his buddies last season can be heard here. Not a good look for Dolson either.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-hoosier-hysterics-podcast/id1609450696

I’m surprised they went public with this since Dolson tried very hard to keep this quiet. There may be more, from other people, than just this podcast.

1 minute ago, KathywithaC said:

I’m surprised they went public with this since Dolson tried very hard to keep this quiet. There may be more, from other people, than just this podcast.

Like Rick Bozich. There is a guy that is sane, credible, smart, and often keeps his powder dry. Yet today he chimed in with an article that was clearly not friendly to Woody.

2 minutes ago, KathywithaC said:

Come on...spill the beans. What else may be coming out and by whom?

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Much appreciate the summary! Eric and Ward were clearly taking careful mental notes of every potentially offensive thing said to them during the meeting, whereas Woody was venting frustration. The difference is that Woody will not be allowed to provide a public rebuttal. Very different frame of reference beetween the two sides of the meeting. Can't wait to listen to it later today; interesting as hell.

I don’t think it’s as simple as Woody “not being allowed to provide a public rebuttal.” If he doesn’t say anything, it’s because he decided to not address it. Put another way, no one is trying to keep him quiet, and no one will even try to do that.

7 minutes ago, KathywithaC said:

What would be their incentive for not going public or the deterrent to keep them from doing so? They're already cut off from the program from the way it sounds. I doubt Dolson can get that access back so he's left with a deterrent. Cut them off from other programs? They'd just go public with that, too, and show that the IU admin is hurting NIL efforts. That wouldn't be a good look and it would make the IU admin look worse than Woodson.

7 minutes ago, KathywithaC said:

Thank you, Kathy. I had heard some things but wasn't sure it would come out. Appreciate you chiming in. 

2 hours ago, Scotty R said:

If you are really an employee of  IU and you are bashing them like you do, I feel you should be let go. Most employees who bash their employers don't have their jobs very long 

Would your view extend to the head basketball coach?

5 minutes ago, KathywithaC said:

I don’t think it’s as simple as Woody “not being allowed to provide a public rebuttal.” If he doesn’t say anything, it’s because he decided to not address it. Put another way, no one is trying to keep him quiet, and no one will even try to do that.

What advantage does Woodson gain by commenting on this publicly? Those guys just showed their a** (again) for over an hour straight. There's nothing left that needs to be said about these guys now that their access has finally been revoked. Most IU fans overwhelmingly support these two being shown the door. 

6 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

What would be their incentive for not going public or the deterrent to keep them from doing so? They're already cut off from the program from the way it sounds. I doubt Dolson can get that access back so he's left with a deterrent. Cut them off from other programs? They'd just go public with that, too, and show that the IU admin is hurting NIL efforts. Not a good look.

I won't speak for Kathy but I think they want Woodson to speak into a microphone as much as he can. If things go bad then he will do and say everything they need to let him go. 

38 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

What advantage does Woodson gain by commenting on this publicly? Those guys just showed their a** (again) for over an hour straight. There's nothing left that needs to be said about these guys now that their access has finally been revoked. Most IU fans overwhelmingly support these two being shown the door. 

I think the part I bolded is true.

I also think that most IU fans would appreciate them being shown the door without a venting session by Woody that in turn could be relayed to the public in a podcast.

If they were going to be shown the door? What a terrible way to go about it.

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I think the part I bolded is true.

I also think that most IU fans wouldn't appreciate them being shown the door with a venting session by Woody that in turn could be relayed to the public in a podcast.

If they were going to be shown the door? What a terrible way to go about it.

Meh, doesn't bother me.

Just further reinforces that these pompous pricks didn't deserve to be anywhere near the program. They showed their true colors on the way out, expected nothing less. 

33 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

What would be their incentive for not going public or the deterrent to keep them from doing so? They're already cut off from the program from the way it sounds. I doubt Dolson can get that access back so he's left with a deterrent. Cut them off from other programs? They'd just go public with that, too, and show that the IU admin is hurting NIL efforts. That wouldn't be a good look and it would make the IU admin look worse than Woodson.

Goofy or not, they’re true dyed-in-the-wool fans, and they really live for IU basketball. They aren’t vindictive because they love IU, and they aren’t so mad that they’ll try to hurt their school. I don’t know them but have been told that they’re more childlike than childish, and that they’re often forgiven for their crazy behavior because they’re heartfelt in their support of IU. Believe me, Dolson tried to keep this quiet, and that was one of the reasons why.