Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Michigan is serious about basketball?  They kept a coach who was a former player after he fought an opposing coach and his own strength and conditioning coach.  
Hoping he could win! Imo this backs up what I was saying. They would look past that incident Hoping they could still win with him. Then when results suffered moved on from their former player nba guy. They fired him. That doesn't support your case it supports mine imo

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Hoping he could win! Imo this backs up what I was saying. They would look past that incident Hoping they could still win with him. Then when results suffered moved on from their former player nba guy. They fired him. That doesn't support your case it supports mine imo

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

But their season last year was the equivalent to IU's this year, albeit probably a bit better. Many UM fans think they gave Howard one season too many. And, in hindsight, they were clearly right.

2 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

I wish the IU administration would lay off Woodson today.

"Happy birthday. Our gift to you is unlimited time to work on your golf game and have as many wine and cigarette parties as you want."

Watching Marquette/ Colorado…

Marquette has some guys, but all five on the  court are hyper active/engaged on both ends of the floor…making cuts, concise passes, sets themselves up for good shots from outside and/or to slash inside for a solid layup. Don’t even notice subs coming in b/c everyone is on the same page and equally engaged, invested and committed. Exiting as hell to watch. This system seems sooo superior to anything we’ve run in forever. Certainly some talent, but almost more certainly coaching and system. We are super far from that, and Woody has shown no ability to get close to it.

Probably would never come, but would take Shaka in a heartbeat. 

28 minutes ago, IU22 said:

Wouldn’t Shaka Smart meet all the criteria?

I like Shaka, but IU may be too high stress for him.  He didn't seem to be comfortable at Texas.  I think Chris Collins would kill it with our resources.

Saw this on another IU forum. UK with Calipari vs. IU. Will UK fans be called toxic for wanting Calipari fired? 

UK tourney appearances: 12 IU: 6
UK Sweet 16s: 8 IU: 3
UK Elite 8's: 7 IU: 0
UK Final Fours: 4 IU: 0
UK Runner-ups: 1 IU: 0
UK Titles: 1 IU: 0

1 minute ago, Cd71 said:

I just can’t imagine what social media will be like if IU is having a bad year and Dusty beats us his first try. 

Won't matter. IU doesn't want the black eye of firing a program legend, no matter how deserved it is, they care way too much about optics.