Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Melo’s kid is going to college and doesn’t want to play for Woody

So true. I’m glad Dolson’s news yesterday was so positive. It was so positive Indiana lost their biggest recruit in less than 24 hours. 

Great work Scott! 

3 minutes ago, Trish said:

Don’t worry, he knows Carmelo Anthony. That will land all the major recruits LOL! 

Kids barely know who Carmelo Anthony is these days. 

Hey... if you visit Bloomington, he may let you facetime Melo. That's worth a free trip, I guess.

2 minutes ago, iubhounds2 said:

Not a chance. Woody's ego doesn't even feel the loss of a 5-star recruit. He knows what he's doing, just ask him. I am anxious to watch the s***show of him trying to sign 8-10 portal players with a portal window 15 days shorter this year. In the past the month of March has been fun as hell but this year .... holy cow ... it will be "historic". 

For clarity.  The portal window is limited as to when they can enter the portal but they don't have to make a commitment elsewhere within that same window.  It's definitely going to be historic and chaotic but not every kid will find a new home within that portal entry window.

9 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Pretty sure we agree but can you explain the bolded part, I thought Dolson hasn't said anything publicly, so basically doing that. 

I was gonna say, the administration hasn't said Woody is coming back, only "sources". So although I have zero reason to believe he's not, they can still change their mind. I just can't see how you could bring Woody back if the entire team is gone, if indeed there is a mass exodus. But we really don't know who's coming back who's not. We only know that the ONE recruit they had isn't coming. And my hunch is Liam's decision was finalized when Queen went elsewhere and he started realizing he was going to be the only 2024 guy coming in.

Just now, OGIUAndy said:

I was gonna say, the administration hasn't said Woody is coming back, only "sources". So although I have zero reason to believe he's not true, they can still change their mind. I just can't see how you could bring Woody back if the entire team is gone, if indeed there is a mass exodus. But we really don't know who's coming back who's not. We only know that the ONE recruit they had isn't. And my hunch is Liam's decision was finalized when Queen went elsewhere and he started realizing he was going to be the only 2024 guy coming in.

To say the internal politics are spilling over in a very messy way right now, appears to be an understatement. 

It gets louder with every hour that passes without Dolson putting his name on a statement or getting in front of cameras.

Woodson likely woke up from his afternoon nap. Armond Hill was already at Cloverleaf for the Senior Early Bird special for the night so he’ll find out tomorrow in the office. 

What’s Adam Howard going to post now? 

It’s not Howard’s fault. He does a great job at what he does. The staff has failed him. This entire season has been an ego busting shitstorm.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Something is going on here.  First Dolson hasn’t confirmed the report of Woodson’s return.  Neither was he cited as the source. That story was dropped as a misdirection play.  With the liam decommit there is now “cause” to relieve Woodson. There is no way he survives this.  No fkg way. 
Sadly I think he well. The Simon's I guess love him and they are writing the checks.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

To say the internal politics are spilling over in a very messy way right now, appears to be an understatement. 

It gets louder with every hour that passes without Dolson putting his name on a statement or getting in front of cameras.

I just don't see him saying anything until the season is over. They are playing as well as they have in a while, so the timing isn't great unless he is 100% coming back.

Just now, Trish said:

@Chris007

Are you buying the staff knew this yesterday which explains why Dolson released the news of Woody staying? 

For some reason yes I think they were trying to protect him. No way you could keep him if it wasn’t already announced.

Another fun tidbit for people in case they don’t know: the NCAA has shortened the portal window from 60 days to 45 days. So we are going to have to recruit 4-8 players at a minimum. And of those, 3-4 need to be starter level players and we have 45 days to do it and build almost an entire roster. In short, we are cooked my dudes. 
edit: half a sentence got deleted
As of today it's 5 assuming Ware goes. Gunn and banks make 7.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Just now, OGIUAndy said:

I just don't seem him saying anything until the season is over. They are playing as well as they have in a while, so the timing isn't great unless he is 100% coming back.

It's really simple. All he has to do is confirm the Indy Star story.

18 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

Honest and totally fair question: has anyone informed Woodson of the news today? 

Don’t act like it’s outside the realm of possibility. 

I heard the staff and Administration were too scared to tell him. 

I can't believe the toxic fans thing had been blamed again! Give me one top program who has a passionate fan base who wouldn't be pissed with the results? We would be the best fan base around right up there with all the great programs. Just one thing needs to happen. Quit sucking @$$ a d embarrassing us please

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

For some reason yes I think they were trying to protect him. No way you could keep him if it wasn’t already announced.

Pathetic. This is a legit clown show. 

So if that’s your thinking, then him leaving doesn’t even shake the needle at all then. Right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, coonhounds said:

I can't believe the toxic fans thing had been blamed again! Give me one top program who has a passionate fan base who wouldn't be pissed with the results? We would be the best fan base around right up there with all the great programs. Just one thing needs to happen. Quit sucking @$$ a d embarrassing us please

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Playing in front of fans at Assembly Hall is currently one of the few redeeming qualities our program has to offer.

[mention=7005]Chris007[/mention]

Are you buying the staff knew this yesterday which explains why Dolson released the news of Woody staying? 

If you believe Trilly, and not saying do or dont, but he said the staff was told literally an hour before the news broke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk