Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

3 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

Also who is to say some of the big pockets don’t think you know what… I’m not going spend the money this year for NIL…. Especially after players go in the portal…

Someone on here will be able to answer this better than I can. Is NIL donation considered a tax write off? Is there a pre-determined amount locked into a contract to say, “I’ll pay X amount this calendar year/season” that is already locked in? I assume that the huge donations aren’t a by-case phone call. Anyone care to explain who has an inking of how that process works

12 minutes ago, Trish said:

Absolutely! Money talks but not when the program is completely in flames. 

Opposing schools have a better shoe deal, just as much money, and a winning program with a better staff. 

There is no reason why a portal kid should come to Indiana this spring. 

Give Woodson a roster full of guys like Sparks... that's what he will get in the portal given the way his recruiting and team building is going...

23 minutes ago, iubhounds2 said:

He might have health issues after that call from Liam. I'll bet $10 his pulse rate increased and right now with a cigar and a bottle of wine, he BP is off the charts. BUT in reality ... He is a "portal man" so a recruit decommiting that would have been a freshman anyway doesn't bother him. Just another opening to fill to "get my type of player".

Portal man would be a great book or movie title