Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I really and truly believe that it is over a 75% chance that Dusty May will be the head coach of either Ohio State, Louisville, or Indiana by the end of April.

Personally, I’d eliminate Louisville from that list.

1 hour ago, Home Jersey said:

Trilly "can't say with certainty" that anyone would stay if CMW is here next year. 

They can't bring him back... can they?

I can't see where Trilly would be in a position to say either way.

11 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Personally, I’d eliminate Louisville from that list.

Because they think they are getting Scott Drew. 

Seems like May is a 60/30/10 percent chance for OSU, IU, and UL.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

But the second part of using the university money to buyout Pearl would have to be approved by the board

That would be "new" expense that has yet to be approved. So, yes.

3 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

And Randy Wittman 

I can see it now. Woodson, Payne, Wittman and Pat Knight. "We ain't gonna lose at home, man. Mike Woodson don't lose at home. We just gotta get over this hump and play inside out basketball like the game is played nowadays".

7 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

But what BoT approval means is up for debate.  

Not really.  The Board would have to sign off on the hiring of a new coach. Even if spreading the buyout of Woodson avoided BoT approval for that step (which I doubt), they need Board approval ultimately. So any move will be made with BoT support, not by circumventing the Board.

24 minutes ago, Shooter said:

Not exactly that, but I did hear something interesting about May. Dusty May has apparently begun recruiting Braylon Mullins.

I assume that Mullins is unlikely to go to FAU.. so to me, this suggests that May thinks he'll be coaching at a bigger school in the Midwest next year. IU is not the only school looking of course.

That lends more credence to the OSU rumors, honestly. Because if the IU rumors are even true then he’s in 2nd place, at best, right now. 

It just figures that we'd actually have a big name lined up, with a very strong Plan B, and someone would be trying to squash it. 

I remember watching cartoons as a kid, in which certain characters would experience something crazy or life-altering and it had the potential to completely revamp the entire show. But inevitably, by the time the episode ended, everything reversed course and things stayed as they were. That's IU basketball today. We dream of getting a guy like Stevens or Pearl, thinking we're finally going to become a force in college basketball again, only to be reminded that we're IU and this is just the way it has to be for some reason. 

3 minutes ago, str8baller said:

That lends more credence to the OSU rumors, honestly. Because if the IU rumors are even true then he’s in 2nd place, at best, right now. 

I appreciate the people bringing us info. But there is something in my gut that leads me to distrust the Pearl talk. Probably all of the Billy Donovan and Brad Stevens talk the last couple of times around... only to make predictable and somewhat disappointing hires in the end. Pearl has Auburn rolling. Is he really going to leave that to start over here in his mid 60s?

May makes so much sense, he would take the job, and he'd be a breath of fresh air compared to what we've had. If we pull someone even better than May, great. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

1 hour ago, Trish said:

But Dolson can’t sit around and wait until the end of March to make a move. 

I’m with Chris, we should know something by March 18th, end of day. 

What if the candidate's team is still playing in the tourney?

15 minutes ago, Shooter said:

I appreciate the people bringing us info. But there is something in my gut that leads me to distrust the Pearl talk. Probably all of the Billy Donovan and Brad Stevens talk the last couple of times around... only to make predictable and somewhat disappointing hires in the end. Pearl has Auburn rolling. Is he really going to leave that to start over here in his mid 60s?

I’m similarly situated. But like with the Brad Stevens stuff it only takes IU believing it is real to screw up landing another quality guy.  

Dusty May isn’t going to wait around like a desperate bride’s maid for IU to untangle itself while other big jobs go off the board. 

1 hour ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

If he fires Woody and QB blocks Pearl, Dolson would presumably still have the money left-over from paying Woody his buyout payment instead of his salary. He takes the $3.2M and gives it to Dusty May. Since he isn't spending more money, I don't think it would require board approval.

It would still be new, unapproved funds.

31 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Buckner would take the dusty May rumors even worse IMO because it’s moving in another IU grad in over his guy.

It's really pretty sad that he has that much of a distorted view of himself and his abilities...
He lives in LA LA Land which is proof enough he should be canned.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Is Galloway going through senior day ceremonies?  If he does and we’re to say something like ‘maybe if something changes soon I hope you don’t mind if I do this again next year’ it would carry some weight.

He could, although I feel making that statement the day after we lose our final game would be more impactful.  If he and several other players announce they will be entering the portal without a change of leadership, Dolson's leverage skyrockets.