Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Not sure many elite teams would be willing to pay more than IU for Malik. IU has deep pockets but also, Malik is our most prolific player this year and he would be next year too probably. On an elite team he would be the 2nd or 3rd option. Not sure Malik is one of  the ones leaving. Who knows though. 
Malik and Woodson already got it all figured out.

But, there's just one thing... I play, Coach stays. He goes, I go.

George : [crowd starts murmuring]  Uhhh, the coach is dismissed by a vote of 68 to 45...

Opal Fleener : I think we should vote again!

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ISP said:

Without any inside knowledge on the present situation, I think you are right. He is safe for now. The only way things change, as you have said, is if we finish the season with zero - 1 (maybe 2) more wins. I think there is just going to be so much negative momentum with each loss that at that point things could boil over, especially knowing that Queen is not coming. Tonight is a big one too, because if you can't beat a winless road team in AH, then the fanbase is about to really get vocal. 

In the Coyle video (linked a few pages back), Bozich and Coyle talked about the balconies being "almost empty"... curious if that is actually happening - anyone been to a recent game that can verify? 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

If he is still the coach after the season then at least one assistant won't be here. Just a guess but I can see Kenny Payne taking the assistant place.

Please tell us that you forgot to type DWS. 

I can't believe losing out is what it will take to make a change! I mean is their really a big difference between if we win a couple games? We suck and the future looks dark. If we beat nebraska tonight who is winless on the road I don't care! You are literally supposed to! Other crappy big 10 teams are finding ways to still get big wins. We are getting our @$$ kicked at home by 20 plus points or just playing uninspired ball long enough to have no chance. He'll if we won out till the big 10 tournament and didn't win it I still I want a change. This losing out is stupid.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, Adillac said:

Imagine a younger more energetic, motivator coaching Liam, Gallo, Cupps, Mgbako, Malik. - That's a nice starting 5 with the right leadership imo. 

I am hoping for 2 other starting guards 

19 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

I mean I assume edey could of made alot more money at another school but he did not leave cause he is in a winning program.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Edey is the 7th basketball earner in the nation.

https://www.on3.com/nil/news/top-10-mens-college-basketball-on3-nil-valuations-2023-season-bronny-james-armando-bacot/

1 hour ago, Home Jersey said:

It really feels like the bottom is falling out. Between all the losing (I'm expecting another tonight... at home... to Nebraska) and lack of momentum on the trail, I still think they'd need to feel an onslaught from the fans to take action. Keep writing emails ya'll. Lol.

I think McNeeley is as good as gone. 

IU would have to release McNeeley as he is already signed. IU isn't going to release McNeeley unless there is a coaching change. 

2 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

Duke let MM out of his LOI last year

Because 3 or 4 guys came back last year who weren't supposed too and losing MM but getting KF and Mitchell back was a net win for Duke.

IU is under no obligation to let Liam out of his LOI unless there is a coaching change.

Edited by AH1971

10 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Because 3 or 4 guys came back last year who weren't supposed too and losing MM but getting KF and Mitchell back was a net win for Duke.

IU is under no obligation to let Liam out of his LOI unless there is a coaching change.

It’s not a question of obligations, it’s a question of public relations. If IU were to lose out and then refuse to release McNeeley if he requested it, imo that would damage IU’s reputation even more than it already is. It would be a terrible look for a program that’s already struggling.

The sad part for me is the apathy. I was in Btown pre and post Sampson. I never really witnessed a winning team in person during school. Due to this, every win felt special and important to me, and I’d venture a decent amount of my demographic who endured winless football and last place basketball in person. But they don’t anymore. I didn’t get remotely excited during the OSU comeback knowing it’s only going to potentially delay what we need. I could not root for losses, it’s just not my nature— but I could not care less right now win or lose. Apologies for the depressing post lol. Just bummed. 

6 minutes ago, Magisterium said:

It’s not a question of obligations, it’s a question of public relations. If IU were to lose out and then refuse to release McNeeley if he requested it, imo that would damage IU’s reputation even more than it already is. It would be a terrible look for a program that’s already struggling.

And if a kid wants to leave where's the benefit to keeping a malcontent around the program?

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

And if a kid wants to leave where's the benefit to keeping a malcontent around the program?

And every once in a while try to remember these players are kids. Heck, even the average 25 year old college graduate is still a baby in the world. Sometimes we forget the pressures we project onto these kids can be unrealistic. 

Mike Woodson has everything under control.  He is going to convince Caitlin Clark to enter the transfer portal instead of going pro and transfer to Indiana.

4 hours ago, Trish said:

Malik is good as gone, he’s going to get more money to play at a better program for a better coach. 

I am new here and not familiar with you.

Do you post from a position of knowing something, or are these just your opinions?

17 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I wonder if Bill Self stayed in touch with Liam after LM signed 

3 hours ago, HoosierTrav said:

Ladies and Gents…… I think I’m done and writing Pam a letter. She could probably use a little historical perspective and some details regarding the embarrassing results, that the people making the basketball decisions have gotten us. 

The entire department needs overhauled. Buckner needs investigated for forcing a hire of his close friend. I don’t give a **** how many ways you try to rationalize that….its corruption and a massive conflict of interest. Remove him. 

If Dolson has no real authority to make a hire, then his position is fake and he should step down publicly to expose the university. 

Fans need to walk away. In droves. It will hurt but it’s the only way. The program has no incentive to fix the systemic issues whatsoever. Only until there are empty seats and empty coffers, will they be motivated to make sweeping changes. 

Woody and Buckner’s legacy are destroyed in my eyes. I wasn’t around to watch them play, so frankly I don’t give a ****. I’m getting a little sick and tired of the old guard feeling entitled to stay in power.

Woody’s “I’m not going anywhere anytime soon” comment is so pisses me off to no end. I swear on everything dear to me that I’m finished with this program. I will not spend another penny of my money. No more tickets, no more travel, no more NIL collectives…. Not.another.red.cent.

I won’t even consider changing my mind until I see results on the floor.  A new hire isn’t going to do it for me. I do not have to commit to misery all because of some stupid unwritten rules for fans. 

I’m finished and I hope more are. Because NOTHING is ever going to change until that happens. They will just gaslight you into having hope each hiring cycle. 

Is your legacy here even 1/1000th the legacy of Woodson and Buckner?