Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

firecoachwoodsonthread

1 hour ago, go iu bb said:

But you would wait until he lost out to even start looking for a replacement? That takes time so it would put IU way behind. Plus, it wouldn't look good going a few weeks with Woodson's status in limbo even though IU's season is over.

Good thing you aren't the AD.

I would think any experienced AD has a "wish list" of coaches at the ready at all times. Whether it is actually needed or not, you have to be prepared.

11 minutes ago, Tom White said:

I am amazed no one has ever used that as their screen name. It would be a classic.

Agree 100%. And I’m confident he’s telling the truth because you’d have to be blind drunk to drop your 1st post into the cesspool that is this thread. 

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

That being said, I think the "IU guy" was a panic hire and we should have reevaluated after choice #1 turned us down.  The "IU guy" coaching tree was pretty thin.  It still mostly is except you have another guy you could put up there with Alford as maybe being a realistic (if not quite proven) option.

Knee jerk reaction to shut down the "need an IU guy" chatter.  Now here we are in 2024 and we want to throw the IU guy out the door and justifiably so IMO.

31 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

more sour grapes...

He really is just a troll for interaction at this point.  If you watch him on Twitter he will take about any position you could have on an IU related topic and call people who take the other side a moron and by the end of the day he has sided with the morons and is now calling his previous position the moronic one.  He has made some money being a contrarian but has leaned so far into it that his opinions become hard to take seriously.  Who knows what the real Dakich thinks, we just get ascerbic clown nose Dakich all the time.

13 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

A dad getting an empty nest for a couple days is equivalent to snow days when in school. Only better because: beer, silence and no pants

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

So if I already do the beer and no pants thing, at least I can look forward to silence?

1 hour ago, Tom White said:

It is a bit funny, in retrospect. I remember before the season, and early in the season, people were looking at the polls and complaining the people who voted in those polls were not giving IU enough "respect". Even to the point of calling the pollsters names and claiming a vendetta against IU, or at least that the pollsters were idiots and how we would show them to be idiots.

My how things have changed.

Sadly, the preseason predictions for IU have been both A) More pessimistic, an B) More accurate than we all-knowing fans.

19 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

A dad getting an empty nest for a couple days is equivalent to snow days when in school. Only better because: beer, silence and no pants

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Don’t forget pizza!

1 hour ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Exactly!  Pearl can right the ship and make the job more appealing after he leaves, that to me is the goal.  I don’t think we can afford to take a chance on the Flavor of the Month coach at this point and time.  Once Pearl rights the ship, then we can see if what May does is sustainable and then we can make that move or get someone like Oats.  But this to me makes the most sense

Yep.  Looking back on it, many of us thought (hoped) Woody would be a guy that stabilized the program and got us back to being competitive.  Woodson said he was here to win championships.  You have to be a damn good "bridge" coach to do both in a half dozen seasons, and sadly CMW doesn't seem to fit that description.

2 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

and make it appealing for the next guy.

That’s the type of assumption that often leads to suboptimal outcomes.  We’re not a midmajor. Guys don’t just build up a program and leave at the peak at top 10 jobs.  

And any modicum of success usually sees our administration lavish the current coach with contracts that hamstring us later. By far the most likely scenario, imo, of a Pearl hire is some initial success that leads to him staying long past his due date or getting to name his successor son. In either case, we’re a decade down the road and the program is in the same shape it is now.  

Maybe he gets a couple S16s or better in his first five years, so maybe it’s worth it. Maybe not. But you’re just as likely looking at another decade of no titles, no return to premier program status, and right back to where we are now 10 yrs down the road, as you are him building the program up and seemlessly handing it to the next guy. 

Come on Maryland! Do us a favor and keep the fire under Woodson even hotter. 

They aren't good sadly Woodson could beat the hump today.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'm not letting mine go.  I don't know which one's the washer and which one's the dryer!

That's simple. The washer is the older child, the dryer is the younger one.

Oh wait, you are talking about clothes washer and dryer? I thought you were talking about doing the dishes. Dumb me!

2 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

They aren't good sadly Woodson could beat the hump today.

I agree with you Maryland sucks. They are also a 8.5 point favorite to beat IU today. That’s what Vegas thinks of how good IU is. Yikes. 

I agree with you Maryland sucks. They are also a 8.5 point favorite to beat IU today. That’s what Vegas thinks of how good IU is. Yikes. 
Wow we are that bad.

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

He really is just a troll for interaction at this point.  If you watch him on Twitter he will take about any position you could have on an IU related topic and call people who take the other side a moron and by the end of the day he has sided with the morons and is now calling his previous position the moronic one.  He has made some money being a contrarian but has leaned so far into it that his opinions become hard to take seriously.  Who knows what the real Dakich thinks, we just get ascerbic clown nose Dakich all the time.

I quit listening to his radio show years ago when he started injecting politics into everything.

As to the "real" Dakich? I don't think there is one. Maybe there was a long time ago, but he is long gone now.