Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Wisconsin - Friday, 01.19.24 @ 8:30 ET on FS1

It is truly astonishing that we will still be 4-4 in conference. The wins are all close and the losses are almost all embarrassing. The Kansas game is the only outlier.
Most wins were against lower big ten teams

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Forgot that IU was playing tonight.  Looks like that was a good thing.

Took a look at the box score and saw Ware wasn't playing and then saw he was out with an injury.  The question is, though....what is the point of playing Sparks 25 minutes when Ware is out?  Why does Woodson insist on having two post players -- especially when one has no athleticism -- simultaneously?

I completely understand that I’m one of the biggest “sunshine pumpers” here. I am an optimist. Granted, a lot is a persona, I really don’t believe we’ll win every game (regardless of the sport, I’ll pick IU to win). I hit a point tonight that I just don’t believe in the program. I truly love Woodson for what he brings in terms of passion and tradition. He seems to have lost this team. I am totally fine giving him another season but I’m just tired of whatever brand of basketball this is that I’m watching.
Then why another season. You know that means about 15 more months of this.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

It’s interesting that there have been several instances when Hummel has said we did not rotate properly on defense.

I’ve listened to several Todd Leary/Jim Coyle post game shows and Leary has mentioned, multiple times, that  fans complain about over-helping but he also says that is not the issue at all. He, like Hummel, blames lack of properly rotating on defense  rather than over-helping.

3 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Texas fired beard and it was for misconduct. Nobody was calling him until that was cleared up

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

You call him anyway and say we want you if this gets straightened out!

I was worried about firing Woodson because I didn’t want to lose Reneau, McNeely, Mgbako…. But at this point is better to keep Woodson one more year just to have these guys… 

1 minute ago, mark1981 said:

Let chaney and hulls do it.  Everyine else can hit the bricks.  Woody can go golfing

I truly want to know if those two care as much as we do?  I would hope so, but who knows?  maybe it is only the fans who care about IU basketball anymore!  We are all dumba$$e$?!

1 minute ago, cbp4iu said:

I was worried about firing Woodson because I didn’t want to lose Reneau, McNeely, Mgbako…. But at this point is better to keep Woodson one more year just to have these guys… 

No blow it up and build an actual program. 

4 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Forgot that IU was playing tonight.  Looks like that was a good thing.

Took a look at the box score and saw Ware wasn't playing and then saw he was out with an injury.  The question is, though....what is the point of playing Sparks 25 minutes when Ware is out?  Why does Woodson insist on having two post players -- especially when one has no athleticism -- simultaneously?

Sparks has been the least of our issues.

3 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

It’s interesting that there have been several instances when Hummel has said we did not rotate properly on defense.

I’ve listened to several Todd Leary/Jim Coyle post game shows and Leary has mentioned, multiple times, that  fans complain about over-helping but he also says that is not the issue at all. He, like Hummel, blames lack of properly rotating on defense  rather than over-helping.

Hummel is an asshat. I wouldn’t pay any attention to what he says if I were you.